***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speekez

speekez Well-Known Member

The boot that stronghold put out is very similar. also on the barrie, though i believe they only released in color 8. smart boot

2. marg

marg Senior member

anyone have pics of their lhs with denim? just bought a pair for business casual, but i'm torn on whether i like them with jeans. i wear new standards and tellasons in ladbroke and jgm (slim straights). for those that like this look, how narrow are your leg openings?

3. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I measured last week 9 1/2 E at Allen Edmonds just to see, I don't wear their shoes, just happened by. All my higher ended RL shoes are 9 1/2 D as this seems my normal size. I was surprised the AE said I was an E now. My closet is full of 9 1/2 D. I do have an unlined BB #8 Penny in 9D Van last, it's okay as a moccasin but never that in a blutcher as my toes are at the end of the 9D Van. Thanks for your input!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

4. sazon

sazon Senior member

Second voyage of the Alden x Epaulet Cigar Brixton boot. The variations in the cigar shell on these visible in real life is quite nice.
    Have a great week gentlemen.
    [​IMG]

5. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Great lookin boots. And I love the all eyelets.

6. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Most go down 1/2 size for the Barrie. I went down 1/2 length and up one width. I vaguely recall an old post in which someone went TTS pn the Truebalance which bigger than Barrie. I got tired of guessing and road tripped to the Alden shop so I could try some different sizes. Otherwise I would characterize my fit as snug but not tight. Boots are more forgiving. A blucher in this size may be too big

7. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Rarely see these. Very nice.

8. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I just received the J Crew Color 8 Cap Toe boots and they have clearly been previously tried on. The shell is bent already although looks like only tried on on carpet as the soles show no scuffs.

What's the deal with J Crew? Since they don't sell these in their shops, is someone in their warehouse trying them on or something?

I'm really digging the boots though, Barrie last in a boot seems to work really well.

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Post a photo if possible.

10. phototristan

I'm at work so can't do a photo but can tell you right out of the box, they basically look just like this (from J Crew's website):

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

LOL there was a big bruhaha in this thread a month back, about whether buying aldens from j crew for the express purpose of trying them on (and then returning them and buying from elsewhere) was a dick move or not. i guess we have our first data point. victimless crime it is not. :nodding:

12. phototristan

I'm not that concerned about it since they will end up looking a lot worse after the first time I wear them out. It's curious though since I've ordered Aldens elsewhere and they arrived completely 'virgin':

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

13. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

Perhaps it was returned by someone who thought they are too big for him? I wouldn't worry about them.

14. CFowler2790

CFowler2790 Active Member

First Aldens and these Indy's are amazing, finally after 4 attempts I found my right size! After a few heavy weeks of wear in what seems to be non-stop thunderstorms.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

You gotta be batz to wear boots on such a hot day! (I thought about it myself, maybe tomorrow!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.