1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwinglover

redwinglover Well-Known Member

thanks a lot, they have great prices, but unfortunately not in my size. i had wrote them a question about the exact us size, look what they have answered me:

"Dear Customer,
    We apologize but we have examined in ns. storage size available now is just a tv news. 11 Usa (45 Ita )

However, the data transmission within the calzatuta alden plain derby
    11 C / E 13132Y shell cordovan Brown."

and I thought my English was bad :D

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012

2. jefftyzzer

jefftyzzer New Member

This past February I purchased a pair of the cigar longwings from ShoeMart. They're lovely shoes, and I've worn them several times, but one thing about them kind of bugs me, and I wanted to check and see if I'm tweaking over nothing. Most of the pictures I've seen of the shoes elsewhere on the web (e.g. http://www.arichinnerlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Cigar-LWB-1.jpg) show them as a uniform (cigar) color, but mine have a somewhat uneven coloration, particularly on the quarters near the eyelets. In this thread (post 23060) I've seen the word "antique" mentioned a couple of times, which comes closest to what I'm describing. Is this indeed how they come, at least from ShoeMart? (See also post 1514, page 101).

3. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior Member

If anybody here is getting the Barrie Wingtips in 9E but longer wants them, please let me know, I'll take them off your hands -
    [​IMG]

4. elvi679

elvi679 Senior Member

Just an fyi - I ordered Alden Indy boots 403 from the NRO sale and had no problems. Never had to check on anything, ordered directly from their website. They sent an email receipt, a UPS notification of shipment next day and I received the boots within the next couple of days. No problems... nice to get 25% off and a Happy 4th of july...

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

Snuff suede always looks different in different photos. This looks normal to me.

6. Roguls

Roguls Distinguished Member

^the finishing on the LS models is quite nice. The last three boots I've received have been impressively constructed.

7. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior Member

8. meso

meso Distinguished Member

Those saddle shoes look a little "golf shoe" for me, personally.

9. redwinglover

can someone tell me whether the crepe sole is painted black ?

[​IMG]

i ask my cobbler to resole my indys with a crepe sole, he told me that this should be no problem. but he hasnt a black crepe sole, according to him alden painted them black, but i cant believe this. he is a official alden cobbler.

10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

The crepe material is black. Maybe he meant that it is dyed black? I have seen other crepe soles in other colors (even as light as beige).

11. redwinglover

as I thought, thanks. he has only a sole in brown shade but can dye it like you said.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

Yeah, I wore them once and someone asked "where are you golfing." I basically only wear these shoes with black polos and some color pant/short (white, nantucket red, denim), but since I wear a black polo pretty frequently in the summer, I end up wearing this shoe quite a bit

FYI - doing some pruning of my Alden collection - if you are interested, check my sig

13. Renton

Renton Senior Member

:slayer: another 2011 preorder reaches the store

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

2011... wow, they're picking it up! :satisfied:

15. zazaza

zazaza Distinguished Member

that's great and i'm happy to hear someone has had a good experience with them.

meanwhile, I'm nearly a week out from ordering and they still haven't shipped mine.

I'm pretty much convinced it's because I questioned why I couldn't just pick them up in store instead of having them ship them all of 12 miles to my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.