***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Is this about as discounted as Aldens go? I'm interested in a pair of #8 or Chromexcel Indys at some point, or maybe a pair of ankle boots, but I'm pretty strapped for cash.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. calidist

calidist Senior member

Just about. NRO is one of the VERY FEW retailers that apply discounts to Aldens.

3. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I recently received a promo gift card from J Crew. Worked fine on an Alden order.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Good point here, they are fixing the mix-up - although it was a pretty egregious mistake they made by shipping my shoes to the wrong person. I was really lucky that the woman who happened to receive my shoes was nice enough to call me and also call NRO and ship the shoes back to them. If someone else got my shoes by mistake and decided to just keep them and not say anything, I would have been stuck dealing with NRO, trying to convince them to eat that loss and ship me a brand new pair....not sure what they would have done in that situation.

Having said all that, now that there's another 25% off sale, I am debating getting another pair, just because it's so rare to find Aldens at 25% off. This time I would only order a pair where I was already 100% certain of my size in the last that it's on.

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

If you can wait til Christmas, Jcrew had a pretty wicked sale last year. Started at like 20% off and ended at 40%, which was insane. Also I think the official stance is that their coupons don't work on Alden's, but they certainly worked at that time.

6. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I didn't want to wait that long plus, the promo gift card I received was only good until the end of July.

7. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

They now remove many In Good Company items from the website around sale time. If you want to game it, try keeping the Aldens you want in your cart at all times and wait for a sale. That's supposedly the only way it works now.

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

This is great news - might just be the time to pick up a Barbour Bedale too for fall/winter! :slayer:

9. irbe

irbe Senior member

This is as good as it gets. I would get some cordovan but everything is too big (I'm a 7.5D Trubalance - FAKKKK damn small feet)

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

It might be worth checking with them to see if they can get your size. I needed a 12.5 in the unlined chukka, which wasn't listed on their website, but they're sending me the 12.5 as we speak. If there is something that you know is a stock size with Alden, it may be worth it to see if they have it, even if it isn't listed online.

11. calidist

calidist Senior member

Anybody have feedback on the Mocc Toe Bluchers in either Tar Brown (7118S) or Dark Brown Suede (7119S)? Both look super comfortable for weekends. Conventional wisdom to go TTS on the Leydon, right (I know AoC says it runs TTS)?

12. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

Girlfriend at home just sent me a pic of my newly arrived Ravello NST's. 5:00 needs to come faster.

[​IMG]

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

That's so hot.

14. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

looks like she tried on the right shoe already... =P

15. mothball

mothball Senior member

I never get pictures sent. I get, "Seriously? More shoes?":) But those look great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.