***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

Joachim, Wow! Really beautiful shoes and great photos. Yenni is very nice, but in my experience takes a little warming up to. She gets a lot of lookers and naturally once she realizes you are not, she cannot be nicer to deal with. Wish they carried more large sizes, all special order.

2. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

haha yeah that sounds exactly reasonable. the only thing he didn't do was say "you're right, my return policy must be changed!" barring that, i can't imagine what else he coulda done for you. in my eyes, AOC's coming out smellin like roses in this debate.

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Alden saddle shoes, gin and tonic, sunshine, what a wonderful life

4. fredmull

fredmull Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

just kopped these from the 'bay. will be waiting 2-3 weeks, with much anticipation, for shipping from scandinavia! makes me glad it's hot in kansas until october.

5. Costa

Costa Senior member

Wow, those look great.

Is Epaulet still taking orders for the revello brixton boots? I emailed them, but have not heard back yet. I believe NYR said they were in Europe. Hoping to be able to grab a pair of those boots. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012

6. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

I just wanted to second these comments from johnnyrich7....

Alden of Carmel's return policy is as clear as a bell.... I think it is a real disservice (sic) to Adam and his operation to condemn what his policy's are. I have purchased 5 pairs of shoes/boots from him via e-mail and he has always been courteous, upfront, honest and unfailingly polite. I think that he offers very specific and unique Alden models and he serves his customers well. I don't think it is appropriate to condemn him for policies that protect him as a small business operation.
    That being said I truly believe that Adam inspects his products closely before he sends them out to customers. And I believe his seconds and irregulars would be sold as 1st quality at many other retailers. In fact I purchase a pair of the AF53's as irregulars and I spent a lot of time trying to find out what made them irregular and to this day I cannot find it.
    I also believe that if those saddle shoes referenced above had been sold by Adam he would have many every attempt to correct the situation whatever the return policy is... he is, in my opinion a stand up guy!

7. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Sounds like AoC is working QC for Alden. If he really inspects every shoe and boot that comes into his inventory, I'd buy something from him if I know my size in that last.

8. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Horween says Saphir Reno is an excellent product. You use Venetian? Saphir is better.

9. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Dunno if this is okay to post here. I have a pair of these in 8.5D unworn for sale at cost. Please PM if interested.

10. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I believe this as well and there is no reason for anyone to think different.

11. SenorChang

SenorChang Senior member

I was going to say, is it just me or is the variance in color ridiculous?

12. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Spent about an hour cleaning up a few of my shoes.

Nice sunny day in CA:

Black Shell LHS
    [​IMG]

Ravello PTB
    [​IMG]

My old pair of #8 LHS. Pretty nice patina on these.
    [​IMG]

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Could someone give me some more specifics as to how I can get this fixed by having the tongue stitched down to the vamp? I couldn't find anything in this thread on this subject (maybe I'm not too adept at searching on SF yet). It would seem that if I have a cobbler stitch the tongue to the vamp, wouldn't the stitching show through to the outside causing a not so visually appealing result? I'm sure if people are doing this, there must be a way to do it without it looking bad.

I thought about having a cobbler attach (not sure what you call it) one of those strips on the tongue that the laces pass through to hold the tongue in place but because these have 5 eyelets and 4 speed hooks, that "thing" would have to be sewn too low on the tongue to do much good (I wouldn't want to have to lace through this "thing" up at the level of the speed hooks each time I put on the boots.

Thanks for any suggestions or info.

14. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I have never had it doen but if you can find a good cobbler he should be able to give you the options.

15. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    o/s collection, enjoy wearing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.