1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

If you are talking the current captoe shell boot BB sells (C&J for BB) - $998, you most likely will not be able to achieve the same level of shine of various Alden shells, no matter what you do. I have them. Mine shined nicely after an application of saphir reno, but still not to the level of some of my Alden shells. Don't worry about it .... they are still great boots.

2. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

I think C and J used the horsemeat on and my boots and ate the shell

1 person likes this.
  3. sevenfoldtieguy

Nope - just different.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Horse meat is delicious. Where do you think the horse hide comes from?

1 person likes this.
  5. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Seven, how about the saphir cordovan polish? Does it work? Or reno better ? Thanks

6. sevenfoldtieguy

:lol:

7. aarice

aarice Active Member

Anyone know where I can find white Vibram soles like the ones on the Need Supply Indy boots?

[​IMG]

Pretty sure that's the Vibram 2060 but they only come in brown, black, and tan...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  8. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Seven,if you have these boots maybe you can help me , these fit me good size 9d , what Alden size and last will work? Thank- you in advance

9. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Seven,if you have these boots maybe you can help me , these fit me good size 9d , what Alden size and last will work? Thank- you in advance

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I know this question was for 7, but here's my $.02

I like the Saphir Cordovan Cream, but a tip for you is that it dries fast, so work it in to one section of the shoe at a time when you apply it, rather than trying to apply it to the whole shoe at once and then trying to work it in.

The cordovan cream adds color, the renovatuer cleans and conditions. The cordovan cream adds moisture as well.

11. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Much appreciate your help!

12. localman

localman Senior member

Thanks for the reply. It's very close but there is something about the Leffot coloring that is just somehow a lot richer than the Shoemart version. I'm not sure if it's just the photographs or not or if anybody has any fit pics of that shoe that they can post that would probably be helpful as well. Thanks though for the reply!

I think I'm in a similar boat with those that I am in with the Shoemart pair. Thank you for your reply!

13. localman

localman Senior member

If nothing else J. Crew has always exhibited beyond fantastic customer service to me when a problem has arisen. Glad to see that you got the same experience.

14. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG] Brand new PTB's. Tell me someone that your jealous.

1 person likes this.
  15. Organika

Organika Senior member

In most cases I see a van last is comparable to the barrie. I am a 9E in the barrie, can't fit any slip-ons right now due to my location. Would like to hear some opinions if you take same size in van last as barrie or go up half a size, thanks.

16. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I don't know what C&J do to their cordovan, but they're a royal PITA if you want to get that cordovan to shine.
    When new they're really loaded up with brown polish which gives them kind of a dull finish.
    It takes a lot of buffing and brushing to get rid of it. Saphir reno does seem to help.
    After a while you can get rid of the excess and it's easier to maintain the shine.

When I was a cordovan newb, I made the mistake of using too much brown polish on my Marlows. It didn't do any damage but it make the dullness worse and took even more time getting rid of the excess.

17. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'm jealous . . . of your socks!!!!!

18. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Thanks zippy , I fit a nice shine on toe caps sides look dull though , I guess they will be ok with denim. Damn wish I bought aldens

19. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

One must have a shiny distraction before revealing the pumpkin argyles. [​IMG]

20. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

does anyone own these LWB? curious how they look in real life photos.. thanks in advance

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.