***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jescha

Jescha Active Member

+1 to zippyh
    Too many people abuse the return system. When I paid 700+ including shipping for a pair of shoes, I would anticipate the shoes, even dusk bags and shoe box, to be in pristine condition!

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

If anyone with the Black Shell LS SWBs in 9D wants to swap for the BBBF Black Shell LWB, hit me up.

3. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Adam is fine with that. YOU are the one with the problem. The return policy is not prohibitive because people do buy from Alden of Carmel and it seems that they have a strong client base. Just because you do not like it does not mean there is anything wrong with it. YOU could open an online only shoe business (Not Alden at this time because I do not believe they are accepting new accounts) and have the bestest return policy ever! :teach: You can even let people return tires to you. :crackup: But you won’t. Cause it is stupid.

There is nothing wrong with the AoC return policy. There is nothing wrong with your overblown sense of entitlement, but I would not want to deal with you and I have no problem with Adam not wanting to deal with you because he is not your mommy.

Good! Buy your Alden’s from Nordstrom. :teach: Problem solved! Just because you do not understand something does not mean that it is wrong. If we were limited to things you understand we would not have electricity, airplanes and door knobs. I feel lucky that I live in a world not limited to things YOU understand. If you ask Adam he will probably tell you why he has the return policy he has. It is not a secret. You just do not like it. As for the Norstrom tire story you say to Google it then later say you were told it by management at Nordstrom. To me you have a credibility problem and you are probably someone I would not wish to deal with since you are measuring shoes with a ruler and such. As for the problems you mentioned, if you received a pair of shoes that were two different colors and noticed when you opened the box and followed the AoC policy there is no question Adam would take them back.

As a side not even though I do not believe your story about the Tire’s at Nordstrom I will tell you that even if a manager told you it does not mean it is true.

4. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

How many pairs of Alden's do you own?

5. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Nothing.

6. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

As stated the wingtips are more formal than the long wings. I would go with a longwing. Actually I love Tom's All American longwing but it is not black. It would go with jeans though.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  7. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I think it is because of people like you that AoC has the return policy they do.

8. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I feel lucky to live in a world with door knobs.

9. SenorChang

SenorChang Senior member

Good god, the amount of arguments in this thread is ridiculous. We're talking about shoes. Let it go.

10. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

We break the frenetic momentum of nerds arguing over return policies in an anonymous internet chat room to bring you the detailed whiskey monk photos you requested.

By the way, these are 9.5E, which in Aberdeen works really well for those of us who typically wear Barrie-type lasts.

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

AofC's return policy does suck and is the only thing that had prevented me from shopping there.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Black cordovan "shortwing" blucher (for some reason I still prefer calling these wingtips instead of shortwings) from Leather Soul
    Barrie Last

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Battle of of the cordovan shortwings/wingtips

Alden for LeatherSoul vs Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member