• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

not aldens today but couldn't resist...
photo-43.jpg

i like your tassels

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The #8 PT Blucher is one of my fave Alden shoes. The beauty lies in its simplicity, IMO. My love affair with the plain toe style continues, this time in a Plaza boot, courtesy of Yenni at J. Gilbert.
Maiden Voyage
Alden8PTBoot.jpg

Alden8PTBoot2.jpg

nephew,
enjoy wearing your ptb boot

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2quls3q.jpg

ravello ptb
argyles otc
alm3gh.jpg

Chien

Reaction score
hey where did u get ur PTB black in barrie?

i got a #8 captoe from J.Crew last year, and i think i need my 2012 dosage of cordovan in black , PTB this time round :)

Last edited:

Thor

Reaction score

mr chorizo

Reaction score

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black shell SWB at LS! Lookin HOT!
Jump on those people! :slayer:

A wonderful addition/alternative to the LWB many have come to know and love. I have the Ravello version of this shoe. The shoe is sleeker than its LWB conterpart - mostly due to the absence of the storm welt.

marmottan

Reaction score
Obviously I don't know where he got his, but here are two places on the web for interesting colored shoe laces. Think the first is having a bit of a father's day discount as well.

http://www.hookandalbert.com//colored-shoelaces-at-hook-CID269.aspx

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...001_-1_1_image_0_N_216_216_124857_subcategory

Frans Boone offers a large variety of colors, probably the largest choice for Alden on the net.
http://www.fransboonestore.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=337_347_299&product_id=56

kippy

Reaction score

Gents -

I noticed that Rancourt carries a Color 8 CXL belt :

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/b...-6231-roller-buckle-matte-nickel-size-32.html

I did not know that the Color 8 was available in CXL -

Does anybody know if Alden has ever done a Color 8 CXL shoe/boot, and has pics? I am curious to compare with the Color 8 Shell -

Thanks -

I don't know the answer to the Alden question, but figured I would relate my experience with the Rancourt #8 belt.

I received the Color 8 CXL belt a few months ago and it's very nice. The leather is supple and the color looks great. I purchased it as a potential match for my #8 Alden cordovan LWBs, but it has not worked out since the CXL is fairly matte. I have found that the calf Madison and Manistee belts from Allen Edmonds are a better match for Alden cordovan shoe since they have a shiny glow to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads