• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Every time I wear them I always tell myself I should wear them more often

Interesting ...

I tell myself the same thing everytime I wear my whiskey chukkas - which, incidentally, I did yesterday.

I really like whiskey, but I must admit I find it the least versatile of the exotic shell colors - by far.

SenorChang

Reaction score
Cross-post from the Epaulet thread.

Wore my color #8 cap-toe cordovan boots to a job interview on Monday with my recently tailored Epaulet rivet chino service pants.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew, good shine on your whiskey
Thanks uncle. Ravello LWB today (with and without sun):
7382207490_9b3d8ff29c.jpg
7382203306_a9397929b9.jpg

ThomSquared

Reaction score
I hate seeing all the Ravello pics while waiting for the Day Tripper's... What a gorgeous color.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You in on the last pre-order? I'm confident our time will come sooner than you think.

I think I was in the one from fall of last year. Can't really remember. I do know it was some time ago. The Day Trippers, Whiskey LWB, and Whiskey wing tip boot on the Plaza... I overdid the pre-orders the past 9 months.

Kashiwa

Reaction score

Very enthusiastic Yea (who made those up?)

These were done by Hummingbird's Hill, a small boutique in the Ebisu neighborhood of Tokyo. They have a fair sized collection of about 20 or so different Alden makeups, with more than 90% on the Modified last. Also carry some very flamboyant Tricker's makeups.

http://hbhs.jugem.jp/?cid=6

Kashiwa

Reaction score

I do not have the Kudu but I have a pair of Indy shoes in reverse chamois and it is my new fave rain shoe. It is very water friendly. It is basically a big hairy/suede like ball of oil with some leather thrown in. It is great rain or shine. I am not sure how it would look in a wing tip but I like those Kudu LW's and would love a pair.

Thanks. Glad to hear your happy with the water resistance of the "reverse chamois". Just for clarification, the photo I originally posted was of an oiled chamois LWB. I'm not sure if reverse chamois and chamois offer the same degree of water resistance?

Any other thoughts on the water resistance of chamois, reverse chamois and Kudu?

Chamois LWB

Reverse Chamois WT Boot

Kudu LWB

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Airport security is weird. Last thing I need is some guard thinking the shank is some metal knife embedded in my shoe and pry the sole apart.
I remember coming back from a conference is Mexico and while in Mexico City (before returning to US soil), security held me up, took a small canister, pulled out a damp looking piece of cloth, wiped my shoes with the cloth, then placed it back in the canister before telling me to leave. I still don't know what it was for. I doubt it was complementary Reno treatment...

they were swabbing your shoes for traces of explosives.

I wonder if pairs of Ravello LWB's automatically set off the explosives detectors.

(because they're dynamite!)

I just returned from a cross country trip in a pair of LHS (which are great for the on/off at security) and had no issues. can't speak to international, though.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they were swabbing your shoes for traces of explosives.

Interesting... and I just thought they were the fashion police because I was wearing distressed balmoral To Boot NY shoes :embar:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had time today for Alden pics: #8 wingtip boot (Barrie); Cigar wingtip boot (Plaza); #8 NST (Aberdeen) Black LWB, Cigar, LWB, Ravello LWB, Whiskey PTB (all Barrie)
7383391046_aa6d11d1d4_n.jpg
All shells: Above plus: DC Lewis #8 balmoral boot (top left) & AE burgundy wing tip (top right)
7383379044_0228e14f3a_n.jpg

mothball

Reaction score

Had time today for Alden pics: #8 wingtip boot (Barrie); Cigar wingtip boot (Plaza); #8 NST (Aberdeen) Black LWB, Cigar, LWB, Ravello LWB, Whiskey PTB (all Barrie)
All shells: Above plus: DC Lewis #8 balmoral boot (top left) & AE burgundy wing tip (top right)
Beautiful collection!

violethour1951

Reaction score
Had time today for Alden pics:
#8 wingtip boot (Barrie); Cigar wingtip boot (Plaza); #8 NST (Aberdeen)
Black LWB, Cigar, LWB, Ravello LWB, Whiskey PTB (all Barrie)

All shells:
Above plus: DC Lewis #8 balmoral boot (top left) & AE burgundy wing tip (top right)

Beautiful shell rainbow
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads