Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Waterloc sole is oiled leather treated to be water resistant.
    Neoprene is neoprene.

2. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

A+ all the way around. Total win and great look. :slayer:

Looking great!

I do not have the Kudu but I have a pair of Indy shoes in reverse chamois and it is my new fave rain shoe. It is very water friendly. It is basically a big hairy/suede like ball of oil with some leather thrown in. It is great rain or shine. I am not sure how it would look in a wing tip but I like those Kudu LW's and would love a pair.

3. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Double waterloc is a double leather sole that has been soaked in oil (think of waxed cotton-like water repellence); cork neoprene is a mixture of cork and neoprene. It is an extremely long-wearing sole, used on the original Indy (which was a true work boot). Many quality work boot manufacturers use it: Red Wing, Thorogood, etc.

4. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I love that makeup. The exposed eyelets set it off.
    I wore my Whiskey PTB's yesterday as well. I put a pretty big scratch on the toe of one of the shoes the other day and used some downtime at work to bone them, I boned them real good! Great shine and the laces are great. I will try to get a pair. :fonz:
    Great boots!
    Nice looking shoe. I like how each of the 11 pictures is slightly different.

5. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I am not sure if this has been posted and I apologize if it has. This video has nothing to do with Alden but I thought it may be of interest to the brotherhood.

6. AldenLuver

AldenLuver Senior member

My daughter and I enjoyed watching. Thanks...

7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Great story - cinnamon roll ..... I laughed out loud. The presentation of that ridiculous entree must have been a sight to behold. Certainly dad's first reaction - even if only in his head - was "WTF?" As for the shoes in question, the coupling of the shells on the loafer is mostly benign; on the blucher, I personally find the the color contrast a bit too loud. However, beauty's in the eye of the beholder ....

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I liked the big vat marked "butt liquor" and the thwap sounds the scrap pieces made when they tossed them in the bin.

9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I am sure it is Not an issue but has anyone flown International and had issues with the metal shank with security? Haven't actually worn Alden while flying overseas.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

10. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

nope, flown with aldens all the time. it is a non issue. The shoes pass through the conveyer belt scan system safely 100%

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'd be more interested if the steel shank will set off the metal detectors say in the Precheck line.

12. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

13. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Airport security is weird. Last thing I need is some guard thinking the shank is some metal knife embedded in my shoe and pry the sole apart.

I remember coming back from a conference is Mexico and while in Mexico City (before returning to US soil), security held me up, took a small canister, pulled out a damp looking piece of cloth, wiped my shoes with the cloth, then placed it back in the canister before telling me to leave. I still don't know what it was for. I doubt it was complementary Reno treatment...

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Thanks and sorry to hear about the scratch on your PTB. I like the look of lighter laces on whiskey and it's a nice subtle change.

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah not an issue for me. Went through a small Spanish airport as well with shoes on though and they did set off the machine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.