1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4TM

M4TM Member

i wish they were in black leather with the red soles...

2. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I think suede would work better with the red soles, like a classic buck. I would prefer a different sole on those as pictured.

3. Cid

Cid Senior Member

I find them to fit quite narrow as well compared to other shoes. They will stretch but only as much as your feet make them. Ultimately I think you should be comfortable from the beginning.

If anyone prefers the fit of the Barrie instead of the Leydon, we have these chukks on the Barrie now.

Tom, where can I find details on the Barrie last chukkas? Are they unlined with flex welt? Not seeing it on your website.

Thanks

4. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

Tom, where can I find details on the Barrie last chukkas? Are they unlined with flex welt? Not seeing it on your website.

Thanks

It's just the #1494 that everyone loves but on the Barrie. I just ordered it because a few of my customers needed wider sizes like EE and EEEs which aren't available on the Leydon.

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Oddly enough, I think I agree with you, those might look better in black.

I think suede would work better with the red soles, like a classic buck. I would prefer a different sole on those as pictured.

Winner. I'd love to see these in a tan suede.

6. Calden

Calden Senior Member

Just picked up a pair of plaintoe bluchers from Brooks Brothers. These are made by Alden, right? I'm not a fan of the metal eyelets, but I needed a pair of nicer black shoes in a hurry and these should do the trick. Also, they were 15% of with code "spg101x". That code should work on everything on the Brooks Brothers site. Expires sometime tomorrow.

7. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

Sounds like a plan. I'll order the next run in tan suede and black calf but this time on the Barrie or Leydon.

8. edubs01

edubs01 Distinguished Member

Ended up getting the 403s.
    I figured it was a better choice since they are mainly for jeans and chinos.

Probably depends how versatile you need these to be. If you want something you can wear with a sportcoat and tie, as well as on weekends, then the longwing is the way to go; if this is strictly for denim/chinos, my vote would be for the 403.

9. M4TM

M4TM Member

Sounds like a plan. I'll order the next run in tan suede and black calf but this time on the Barrie or Leydon.

sweet! look forward to it... and congrats on the new shops.

10. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

Just picked up a pair of plaintoe bluchers from Brooks Brothers. These are made by Alden, right? I'm not a fan of the metal eyelets, but I needed a pair of nicer black shoes in a hurry and these should do the trick. Also, they were 15% of with code "spg101x". That code should work on everything on the Brooks Brothers site. Expires sometime tomorrow.

Code worked nicely; any idea if this is the best discount I'm likely to found in the next couple of months, or should I wait it out forth the F&F sale? Does the F&F sale cover everything at a higher discount point than 15%?

11. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

The suede will look tops. But should the black have hidden eyelets? Or instead of black a dark brown/or cordovan colored pebble grain? Just thinking out loud.

12. gnatty8

Looking forward to these, especially the tan suede..

13. Ahab

Looking forward to these, especially the tan suede..
    LOL! You already have tan suede! [​IMG]

14. gnatty8

LOL! You already have tan suede! [​IMG]

yeah, but not with those soles.. [​IMG]

15. Ahab

I'm hoping to snag something like it as a second. there is one I've been looking at but it has a huge commando sole and I don't want that.

If you are patient you may get them. I recently picked these up as seconds. Alden Cap Toe Boots, Shell #8 Modified last. It looks like single leather sole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom's Plaza last may be better since I am in fear of these looking like clown shoes! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.