1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burton

Burton Senior member

As everyone above said - limited selcetion. Hanig's also have a limited selection.

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

yea seems mainly stock offerings from what I'm seeing online from hanig's. was hoping for more retailer specific custom makeups etc.

guess I'll head to Independence and look for some oakstreets

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Anyone with more experience know what kind of a shoe town Chicago is? Live in the area, but can't say I know it very well. Definitely doesn't seem to cater to the Alden enthusiast, as we are seeing.

4. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Dude, this video is just plain awkward. [​IMG] The guy keeps rubbing his crotch while feeling his shoes and stroking his legs. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight...

1 person likes this.
  5. Tynan

Tynan New Member

and that was quite possibly one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen, those shoes are being abused I'm calling SVU...

6. Burton

Burton Senior member

Anyone with more experience know what kind of a shoe town Chicago is? Live in the area, but can't say I know it very well. Definitely doesn't seem to cater to the Alden enthusiast, as we are seeing.

Chicago is specifically not a shoe town. There are several AE stores and the few mentioned above which stock Alden. You have several good BBs (the Rookery and MI Ave), Paul Stuart and a few other retailers (Neiman's, POLO), etc. The hidden/unknown gem is MorrisandSons. They sell John Lobb and Edward Green and have other good stuff.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  7. dslonghorn4

dslonghorn4 Senior member

Unionmade ravello cap toe boots maiden voyage. Only noticed tonight that the tongue has a partial Horween stamp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

score!!!

9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I assume this also includes the TB last. If so, this is terrifically rare. Now if we only had Mac's feet we wouldn't have to care about lasts. :D

Mac: You have posted before about the Aberdeen last and that you thought it - above all others - was a difficult fitting last (I'm paraphrasing but think I have it right). I'm curious as to why you think this?

10. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

11. yulun405

yulun405 Well-Known Member

I actually wear 9.5D on all Alden's lasts. I have extremely flat feet. Plus, my left foot is slightly bigger than my right foot and it causes me some discomfort to wear 9 D.

12. sazon

sazon Senior member

Interesting....I too have extremely flat feet. I size down a 1/2 for Barrie and TB, and I'm TTS for the Plaza. Because of my orthotics, Hampton and Aberdeen are no-go's.

13. yulun405

I was interested in getting Alden 974 which is in Hampton last I believe. I tried on 9.5 E and it fitted me fine but he shape of the shoes no longer look as good as 9.5 D and I had to gave up.

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

15. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

OG skinhead style.

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

For me, Aberdeen in 10E is the best fitting last.

Cigar NST on Aberdeen from Alden NYC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  17. sevenfoldtieguy

974 is on the TREMONT.

18. sevenfoldtieguy

I chuckled as I read this. :D

But in all seriousness, there is no cross-examination intended (in spite of the lawyer inside me); rather, an honest inquiry. And I rather like the Aberdeen, too.

Happy New Year to one and all. :nodding:

19. yulun405

Thanks for correcting me. I need 9.5 E for both 974 and 9071 is what I want to say.

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Going up a width does take away some of the sleekness of the Tremont last... I find that Grant and Aberdeen have more of a tapered look in E than Tremont, which is a plus for those styles. Nevertheless I still like my whiskey balmoral wingtips in 10E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.