• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys wear with tan suede chukkas?  I've only worn mine once 'cause I can't seem to figure out what would go well with them.

Two recent examples:

Anine.jpg
gWA7W.jpg

speekez

Reaction score
happy father's day alden thread, wearing my pappy's #8 ptb from leather sole today in his honor

calidist

Reaction score
That's a good question, and one that I can't definitively answer. I have plain toe boots on the Trubalance and they are pretty voluminous, but from what I can tell the Trubalance has a larger width differential between the ball and heel than the Barrie. Based on the pic below, and what I'm feeling on my feet, the Barrie has a wider heel relative to the ball than the Trubalance.

I've got a new pair of shell PTBs on the Barrie that feel great with thinner (i.e. certainly not thin) socks in the ball of the shoe but very loose side to side (not so much lengthwise) in the heel. With thicker socks (Wigwam hikers) the shoe feels decent overall, but the ball is just a bit on the tight side and the heel remains a tad loose.
Should I expect the shoe to conform better to my feet as the soles and the leather break in? I guess my next remedies will be some tongue pads and / or insoles. Any suggestions?

The Barrie at least seemed considerably wider than the Trubalance in the various pairs I have tried on. I figure that's ok in boots but just about nothing else. Are there any PTBs out there that aren't on the Barrie?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

happy father's day alden thread,...

Ummm... not sure in Venice, but in the USA it's not for like two weeks...

The officially recognized date of Father's Day varies from country to country. This section lists some significant examples, in order of date of observance.
March 19
Andorra (Dia del Pare)
Bolivia
Honduras[21]
Italy (Festa del Papà)
Switzerland (Canton Ticino)
Liechtenstein
Portugal (Dia do Pai)
Spain (Día del Padre)
Antwerp (Belgium)

AnOxymoron

Reaction score
I know it has probably been asked several times, but does anyone know a good source for replacement Indy boot laces?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know it has probably been asked several times, but does anyone know a good source for replacement Indy boot laces?

The Alden stores will sell you both the flax waxed an regular cotton varieties

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
345zslu.jpg

black medallion cap toe boot
argyles otc
2ykgavt.jpg

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some tall socks.

Edgein

Reaction score
Mac, Are those calf? I have the same with plain toes. Barrie with dbl waterlock soles. Very comfortable. Really enjoy this thread, 2000 pages now!!

Therendition

Reaction score
Two recent examples:
Anine.jpg
gWA7W.jpg

Very nice. I particularly like the look with the denim. Definitely will be trying some kind of variation of that in the near future. Thanks for the tip!

Therendition

Reaction score
Mac, Are those calf? I have the same with plain toes. Barrie with dbl waterlock soles. Very comfortable. Really enjoy this thread, 2000 pages now!!

Surely not. They look like shell to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, Uncle.

EDIT: Oh ****, first post on the 2,000th page!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads