1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

What you are describing is a pair of boots that fit. Your toes should have room and once you find a pair of shoes that gives them room, it feels wrong. :brick: Go with it!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. meso

meso Senior member

Nah I know what he means. I have indy boots and oxfords, same issue with both. Even though they are both on Barrie they seem to have more room than others on the same last.

3. forsan

forsan Senior member

For those still curious, I had emailed Unionmade earlier in the year regarding their Brenham brown alpine loafer, and this is what they had to say about the Tom last:

"The Tom last is more commonly used in Japan and fits similar to the Aberdeen, but with a more rounded toe."

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    i would go for the #8

5. ppith

ppith Member

Wow, that whiskey shell chukka has an amazing color.

6. ppith

ppith Member

This is more or less my idea of a perfect ravello shoe. Darker ravello shade (with pronounced red and caramel tones) with dark edged sole. Beautiful shoe.
    Edited by Alcibiades - 12/20/12 at 7:35pm

wear in good health your king of gunboats, remember to use the break in method

Thanks Alcibiades and Mcarthur.

7. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Thanks for your thoughts Uncle. I saw that you sold all of your two eyelet chukkas. What was wrong with the fit?

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

the two eyelets on my feet always seem to loose whereas the six eyelet fit very comfortable

9. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Ahh, I see. I have noticed that after walking around for a while mine loosen quite a bit as well. I will post photos with the shoes I keep.

10. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

When I saw the whiskey chukka last week, I was not sure to buy it or not.
    After the weekend I decided to bite the bullet and ordered it.
    Just after Christmas I received an email saying that the size I want was sold.

It is not easy to find whiskey chukka and now no one knows when it will be re-stocked....

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Gentlemen, I'd like to inquire again if there is any interest in a Kudu Ultimate Indy on the Modified last. I've received some new interest recently, and I have about half the number needed to place a special case make up via Moulded Shoe. It wouldbe similar to the LS Ultimate Indy seen here

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/03/30/alden-shoe-kudu-ultimate-indy-re-stock-lsw/

The commando sole is preferred, but Alden does not like to do the commando sole on the modified last. So we may have to do a cork-neo sole. The details will have to be confirmed. Please PM me if interested or post to the Alden Modified last thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/234635/...r-are-interested-please-read/705#post_6002943

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

That is unfortunate. Whiskey is hard to come by no matter the model. Good luck.

13. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I had purchased those earlier and returned them. The cigar Indy has a cut on the vamp that goes all the way through the leather which wasn't acceptable. The Ravello cap toe on the grant just didn't fit me - the defect was a pretty deep scratch on the ankle portion which would be hidden by pants so pretty minor. So if the Ravello works you got a steal.

14. Edmund K

Edmund K Senior member

Do you guys know where I can get a pair of Cigar LWB? I ordered a J.crew LWB color 8 from the 25% sale last month, but I already have my eye on the cigar color. PM me if you're in NYC and would like to get this 25% off Cordovan deal before I return this shoe to J.Crew.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Alden sf has some.

16. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

Apart from severnfold's suggest, you may also check with Alden of Carmel.

17. rfc84

rfc84 Member

Thanks for your thoughts and the others as well! At the moment, my inclination is that the overall fit feels good enough to keep them, even if my toes feel a little overly wiggly.

18. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

I have an extremely high instep and have had tons of trouble over the years finding Alden loafers that fit. My NST loafers on the Grant last from Madison Ave accomodate my high instep and fit beautifully. These shoes don't seem to get a lot of love on the forum - I get the sense people have strong feelings about the split toe aspect - but they have been my favorites among the many Aldens I own for a few years running. The Alden Shop on Madison Ave also sells a similar loafer without the split toe on the Grant...which is one whose arrival in my size I am anxiously waiting on.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  19. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

20. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

^ That is a stock model. Search Indy 404.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.