***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

You should want this pair. The captoe design kind of gives it a sleeker look as far as Trubalance goes, and sleek Trubalance = your user id.

2. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

[​IMG]
    this is as close as you'll get, I think, or the Roy boot:
    [​IMG]
    but both are a bit different from the Indy boot. Different soles, the one from Context has a 360 degree welt, and waxed laces (a plus). I believe both have full leather linings, while the standard Indy boot doesn't, though.

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I don't recall any particually strong leathery smell from the Tricker's. At this point they smell like any other pair of 6 month old boots. (I can't believe I just went and sniffed my boots).
    They've had no problems with water welts.

The pair I've had the most trouble with welts is my RL Lindricks made with Horween. Whether a pair suffers from the welts seems to be luck of the draw.

4. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

Excellent, J gilbert footwear never emailed me about the fall production line as they said they would

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

dear alden thread:

i have a pair of epaulet nst boots in nat chromexcel and they're real scuffed up now. what products should i use? i don't really want to polish because they're casual boots, but i do have renovateur and am thinking of buying this http://www.riderbootshop.com/products/Saphir-Medaille-D'Or-Cream.html in neutral to use in conjunction.

6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Quick question gents,

I'm thinking into buying Ultimate Jumper boots in 8.5E and wear Alden cap toe boots in Grant Last in 9D.. My left foot measured a size 9D+ width (slightly wider than average width) and right foot measured 9E. Will the size 8.5E in Jumper boots Truebalance Last be ok?

thanks

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

Alden Semi-Brogues on the Plaza last in color #8 from Leather Soul Beverly Hills. I tried these on last December but couldn't pull the trigger. Amazingly, they still had a pair in my size when I stopped by yesterday. Bryan wanted them out of the shop, and I wanted them on my feet. I almost forgot how good that rich eggplant color looks when new. I didn't realize how brown my old pair of 974 wingtips (on the Tremont last) had become until I laid them side-by-side. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Bravo

9. misterjuiceman

The smell test is the best test for new shoes! Not so much for six month old ones. I haven't actually had the nerve to take mine out in the rain yet, only wear them if it's sunny out. also just got them, so I'm sure eventually it'll change. I've heard stories of permanent welts (which may be totally unfounded) and it scared me a bit.

Quote:
    when I first saw this, I was shocked, and I thought LS started doing mismatched shoes as their makeup. kind of like these Trickers:
    [​IMG]
    needless to say, I was temporarily disgusted. nice shoes!!

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

You will in all likelihood be fine. I wear 10D in grant and can wear 9.5E in barrie/trubalance easily.

I love LS's chromexcel makeups. I already have their chukkas, is this high boot next?

11. misterjuiceman

I wear a 7E in TruBalance and a 7.5D and found that 7.5D just fits comfortably. I can't imagine sizing that way with a more narrow last. everyone's different, though.

12. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

HELP, trying to locate:

Whiskey PTB or LWB (9.5D)
    Ravello belt (36)

Any leads/info on where I can find either? Thanks!

13. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

i spoke to one of the SA's at Alden SF last week, he said that they had just received a shipment of cordovan belts. might wanna give them a call.

14. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Thanks Mexicutioner, Alden SF carries belts in whiskey and cigar, but no ravello...

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

A good brush. Seriously. My natCXL Indys have only ever been reno'd (1x) and brushed, and they still look near-immaculate, despite 6 months of good wear on them. Brush them long and good, and most scuffs will just vanish. [​IMG]
    DEAR LORD THAT IS GLORIOUS. I have a pair of the Tre974s too - haven't browned like your other photos yet, but not nearly as much purple coming through .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.