1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How much do you guys reckon I could get from my NIB not worn J Crew Indys on ebay? I'm sorta thinking of selling them to fund a pair of natty cxl indys, I have the Roy boot in brown CXL and sorta want to explore the Alden rainbow more...

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Your best bet would be try to return them to J Crew - Indy boots are common, so you probably would have to sell at a discount to retail on ebay

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

If you ship Europe / Asia then close to retail but expect to get offers in 100s range with the most ridiculous justifications about why their price was reasonable

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Well I paid $338 for them from J Crew. So I stand to make a profit to be able to invest in natural Indys.. I know this is sorta dirty, but If there's a buyer than there's always a seller. And it's from J Crew who can piss up a rope.

haahaa, oh god i know exactly what you are talking about.

5. a bag of it

a bag of it Senior member

What do you guys think the most casual model and color is? I was thinking either the chukka or plain toe boot from j crew would work. I'm only 20, and I don't have any need for dress shoes now or in the near future. I will be wearing these mostly with jeans and corduroys. I like the idea or cordovan because it seems like the raw denim of the shoe world. What do you guys think?

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

J Crew cap toe boot + cuffed denim is pretty ballin

7. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

cigar gets my vote, ptb or indy boot

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Got excited until I saw the size (too big for me). Thought the same thing about the following two...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-for-L...5496651?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3f2056c34b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-for-L...5492313?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3f2056b259

I have another ebay gem arriving today. Will post pics later. Probably a good thing these three other Alden auctions didn't work out!

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Color 8 or cigar in a chukka or Indy boot would serve your purposes well.

10. a bag of it

a bag of it Senior member

I'm leaning heavily towards color 8, but I'm stuck between the indy boot, the cap toe boot from j crew, and the chukka.

11. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Started my morning off with my newest acquisition, a little whiskey courtesy of the guys at Alden SF.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

I'm green with envy other those. Nice score. :satisfied:

13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

As far as calf goes, there would be little argument that this model - indy boot - is the most casual:
    http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...ld_m_indy_boot_high_top_blucher_workboot.html
    However, there would be some Alden fans that would contend such a boot belongs on the work site and nowhere else.

As far as Alden's shell cordovan colors, whiskey is the most casual - and it's not even close. This PTB is a great casual shoe:
    http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...5_ald_m_plain_toe_blucher_shell_cordovan.html

14. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Of these 3 the captoe boot is the dressiest.

15. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

[​IMG]

#4 wtb

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  16. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

17. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

those look great with jeans

18. Chaos_Cow

Chaos_Cow Well-Known Member

Cap toe boot, definitely. You can wear that with anything.

Have you ever been sized? Are you sure you're not actually a half size smaller?

19. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

wear in good health

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I'm going to conduct an experiment... I have a whiskey chukka in 9.5E coming (which is my true size in Barrie). I'm going to Mac break-in method them then wear then a few times and compare the creasing to my whiskey chukkas in 10D, which have gotten 20+ wears by now. I will then post some photos. Look for it in early January (I will also then probably sell my 10D whiskey chukkas if all goes well)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.