• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^Looks fine to me. You've got a nice stack going, but you have to like how it looks.

chanakit

Reaction score
Thank you so much because my leg is too short (Asian always have a short leg lol) Anyway i love to wear it in this style (i means the jeans such as APC Dior homme)

david3558

Reaction score

Thank you so much because my leg is too short (Asian always have a short leg lol) Anyway i love to wear it in this style (i means the jeans such as APC Dior homme)

Haha speak for yourself! I've got long legs :D

I had to find some super long jeans to achieve the same effect; great stack though :slayer:

chanakit

Reaction score
Maybe i can try with Japanese denim actually Japanese denim's inseam is 36-38 inch but if you looking for washed jeans i prefer Dior home but i think Most people in this topic(Alden) they are not interested in washed jeans lol

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is first time in Alden shoes, so i'm not familiar with it . However Alden's boot is so comfortable

but in my opinion Alden isn't suitable with Skinny leg lol next time i'm gonna try with RRL or straight jeans

A.P.C.
A.P.C. New cure
Alden 43 brown CXL

Looks good to me.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is first time in Alden shoes, so i'm not familiar with it . However Alden's boot is so comfortable

but in my opinion Alden isn't suitable with Skinny leg lol next time i'm gonna try with RRL or straight jeans

A.P.C.
A.P.C. New cure
Alden 43 brown CXL

Looks good to me :slayer:. I always wair mine with skinny jeans/chinos. fuller legs hide the shoe, and "age" the look too much.

Dr. D

Reaction score

Alright, this is just driving me nuts.  I've looked everywhere for any information about this model number...trying to determine whether they're shell or not.  Anyone know?  #22220 (above that, it says 6R28XO22 5).  That in the pics that looks like microcreasing is most likely dust from them sitting around 
shog%5B1%5D.gif
.  I actually don't think there's any microcreasing; they don't look like they've been worn enough to crease/roll.  Any help appreciated. 

According to Alden of NY, those are a pair of cigar NST on the Aberdeen last (scroll down to the last shoe on this page to see it):

http://aldenmadisonny.com/SHELL4.html

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, I bought my suede chukkas TTS.  They were tight at first, but they fit very well now.  The unlined suede has plenty of give.  If you went down a half size, that might be too much.  Did you go down exactly 1/2 size like 12.5D to 12D? 

I'm a "true" - I use that word lightly - 12.5B on the Brannock (I can wear a 12B on Barrie/Trubalance). I ordered these in a 12C, which is one width up from my Barrie size. I thought maybe the extra width would give me enough room for a good fit, but the Leydon is a relatively narrow last so it's still too tight. I can try a 12D, but that might end up being too wide without giving me the length I really need.

Ideally I would like to try a 12.5C, but I don't think I can get that in an exchange from NRO. A 13 would almost definitely be too long, so looks like I might be screwed because I can't get a refund from NRO, only an exchange. If I can at least get a 12D from them to try on but they still don't fit, they will certainly end up on B&S here!

Leighlon

Reaction score
Wednesday Day Tripping while listening to Crap from the Past.

Leffot w/cobbler removed speed hooks

mr chorizo

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads