• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sask boot

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a shop doing a cigar wingtip boot? My boots got accidentally sold to another customer at Epaulet.

CTYGGG

Reaction score

i believe it's number 4.
It's always funny to me how much i prefer the PTB in the "dover" pattern (the outer #4 and #8 ptb in this case) versus the traditional PTB blucher. To me it just adds another dimension and balance to the shoe.
I wish more alden retailers used the dover...

The #4 PTB on the left is Nassau blucher.

nephew
great looking wardrobe!

Thank you.

Is the one on the left #4 or Ravello? very nice collection.

#4. Thanks.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

according to these link which one is plain toe ?

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...d-mxsbc-86042h_ald_m_indy_boot_plain_toe.html

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...-excel/pvc-ald-mxsbc-45625h_ald_m_45625h.html

and then if i'm gonna buy second one i have to buy it in 7.5 D right because i wear 405 in 8D

Finally i can't see this model in any store so do you know where i can catch it up

http://cdn.styleforum.net/7/7c/7cf23e65_alden-day-tripper.gif

This boot is on Modified last. w00t?

I gotta' PM Gnatty8. :slayer:

Therendition

Reaction score
i stopped at Unionmade SF this afternoon and saw their natural CXL "Sloat" boot:
Sloat_Plain_Toe_Boot_in_Natural_Chromexcel_0.jpg

this is a REALLY nice boot in person, if one of you guys is thinking about getting a natural CXL boot, seriously consider. the neoprene/cork sole isn't visibly different from a leather sole. they're running out of sizes: they have 8.5 and 10.5, but nothing in between.

My friend ordered these a few days ago. They're supposed to be delivered on Tuesday and I cannot wait to see them in person.

closerlook

Reaction score
somehow this is my first what alden shoe are you wearing post:

ravello lwb

Last edited:

jpc9

Reaction score
Ran across these while scoping out the Moulded shoe site and blog (which isn't all that helpful). Thoughts, guys?

ubiquiti

Reaction score
What is different between Uninoin made X Alden plain toe and plain toe CXL in shoes mart store

i notice only one thing that it's the wax lace
Unionmade: Trubalance last, neoprene cork sole, 270 degree welt, standard welt you see on Indy boots, wax laces

TSM sells two Natural CXL boots: the one on the modified last and the plain toe Indy boot
Plain toe Indy boot: Trubalance last, 360 degree welt, leather soles, no footbalance heel, standard cotton laces
Modified last Natural CXL boots: similar to the plain toe Indy boot with exception of modified last and 270 degree welt

Shame they didn't stock a 6.5, those Sloat boots are gorgeous.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ran across these while scoping out the Moulded shoe site and blog (which isn't all that helpful). Thoughts, guys?

That is soooo tempting.

chanakit

Reaction score
i wear alden 403 indy boot in 8D

what size i should buy in Alden plain toe CXL in shoes and alden indy boot cxl

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i wear alden 403 indy boot in 8D
what size i should buy in Alden plain toe CXL in shoes and alden indy boot cxl

For Barrie and Trubalance lasts you should wear the same (8D). Check to see if it says Trubalance or Barrie last.

Costa

Reaction score
Quick question; how does one find out about all the special make-ups for the different Alden distributors? Is it word of mouth, diligent site checking, or some thread (possibly here)? Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the great photos!

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question; how does one find out about all the special make-ups for the different Alden distributors? Is it word of mouth, diligent site checking, or some thread (possibly here)? Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the great photos!

All of the above. Leather Soul used to have a mailing list for pre-orders but now you have to check the site.

This thread is a real good tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads