1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Distinguished Member

How is that not the retailers fault? Assuming they came like that, they obviously didn't inspect their goods properly before sending it out--if they had, they could have easily sent the boots back for a replacement. Take the refund and buy another pair.

2. kippy

kippy Senior Member

++1 Agreed. I had a similar issue with a pair of Whiskey Chukka's and the Alden Madison Ave shop had no issues refunding me in full. Your retailer should be able to recoup their costs from Alden as well given how egregious this defect is.

3. closerlook

closerlook Senior Member

well, its a special make up (yes, i am intentionally omitting the retailer and the model of the shoe).
    so i can't just get another pair.
    I think if anyone its Alden's fault. Poor quality control strikes again.

4. kippy

kippy Senior Member

You are correct - it is Alden's responsibility, but perhaps you are giving the retailer a pass when they share responsibility in inspecting the shoe before shipping them to you and confirming the goods are in the proper condition. Having said that, these are your shoes and it is your call and no one else's.

5. thecentennial

thecentennial Senior Member

The crepe sole on my aldens is wearing too rapidly for my liking, especially the outside heel area.

Im thinking of putting on heel taps, but am concerned the nails will be difficult to hammer/push in, and they may also not hold.

May use shoe goo to bond the tap to the heel, though thought Id ask here if anyone has done something similar.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Just had heel and tow taps added to a boot...no issues.

7. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

I am not a retailer but if it is not visible unless it is in full daylight they may not have even notcied on careful inspection. He even looked at them and put them on without noticing.

I know that a lot of retailers do check shoes but I hardly expect ANY retailer to check new good directly from the manufacturer. When I go to Home Depot they do not open all my packaging and check it before I buy.

Answer: I am not sure that can be fixed. I would contact the retailer and see if they could send them to Alden. I think a lot of the things that people go off on in this thread are very minor but I do not think this is something you are going to get over. Good luck.

8. Ahab

VERY nice. That is a great shoe. Wear in good health. :)

9. Ahab

10. Ahab

I thought J Crew was coming out with a Ravello offering?

And I have seen more new Ravello makeups in the last 5 months than the prior 2 years.

11. Ahab

This is not a problem AND in a great area. A LITTLE black shoe cream and a good brushing will get rid of that in minutes. Then it will get better over time to the point you will not notice.

Good boots! Where my black plain to boots from Leather Soul ALL the time.

12. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior Member

Wouldn't you think that a guy with a name like this would wear a bigger shoe?

13. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Alden can re-dye the shoes. If its really not noticeable, wait until you need to get them re-soled and also request to have the shoes re-dyed to even out the spot. Don't worry, this is something Alden can eventually fix.

14. AAF-8AF

AAF-8AF Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing, assuming you can get Alden to cooperate. There was video floating around a couple years ago that showed how Alden applied their dye with a swab over the shoe. The dye is very water thin and it's easy to see how it could be applied unevenly. I've got small spots like this on some of my #8 shells as well, and I figure it's just how it is, though the OP has something more severe than I've seen.

15. srivats

srivats Distinguished Member

Can you please tell us where you got these from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.