1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arizor

Arizor Senior Member

Yep, seem different lasts, but goddamn those boots are lovely.

2. edmond_evo6

edmond_evo6 Active Member

although Barrie Last is similar to the TruBalance last

but i just want discuss what last does the cigar indy using,

sorry about this....

3. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

although Barrie Last is similar to the TruBalance last

but i just want discuss what last does the cigar indy using,

sorry about this....

Ask whoever sold you the boot. They would know more or be able to get a better answer than anyone on here.

Interesting thing though is I went to Leffot's blog and here are two pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even taking into account that the two pictures show the opposite shoes the toe area looks to be different shaped. I have no idea.

4. edmond_evo6

i think because of they are right and left shoes on the photo??

it's was funny i have found my boot have add a stitch but the blog's photo have not[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ahab

i think because of they are right and left shoes on the photo?? it's was funny i have found my boot have add a stitch but the blog's photo have not[​IMG]
    Hey Edmond....is this from Leffot? I would just contact Steve. Also do you not like it as much as the other or you just want to know what the last is? I really like both. I have some more Alden pictures to post this weekend. And some more on the way...[​IMG] Also I think they are adding that extra stitch because of some problems that people were seeing with tear out there.

6. edmond_evo6

i just want to know what's going on...and what last are using on my indy.

i have reported to steven...he said that i was the only one have this problem [​IMG]

and he have refer to alden already.

actually the cigar indy is narrow than my #8,but it's ok for wearing.

uncle please post more photo share with us when your shoes have arrived[​IMG]

7. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior Member

Hey Edmond....is this from Leffot? I would just contact Steve.
    I would also like to know the answer to this since I am thinking about putting my name down before the Fall 2010 preorder deadline.
    I have some more Alden pictures to post this weekend. And some more on the way...[​IMG]
    Looking forward to seeing the pics Ahab! [​IMG]

8. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior Member

The blind eyelets on Leffot's Cigar rendition of the Indy is a dealbreaker for me. The Indy just doesn't look proper without the eyelets, and I can't think of a situation where I would choose blind eyelets on a pair of boots - even if it meant passing on Cigar shell.

About Cigar shell: I thought it was supposed to be difficult to come by and that Alden was very limited with its releases. The fact the Leffot is doing a second run and already taking orders for a third, all to be released this year, kinda defeats that notion. If Cigar shell is indeed limited in production, I'd much rather see the material used for a variety of makeups than the same boot over and over again.

9. Ahab

The blind eyelets on Leffot's Cigar rendition of the Indy is a dealbreaker for me. The Indy just doesn't look proper without the eyelets, and I can't think of a situation where I would choose blind eyelets on a pair of boots - even if it meant passing on Cigar shell.

About Cigar shell: I thought it was supposed to be difficult to come by and that Alden was very limited with its releases. The fact the Leffot is doing a second run and already taking orders for a third, all to be released this year, kinda defeats that notion. If Cigar shell is indeed limited in production, I'd much rather see the material used for a variety of makeups than the same boot over and over again.

I have no problem with the eyelets and prefer them for this boot.

As to cigar:

http://theshoemart.ecomm-search.com/...r&btnSearch=GO

10. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior Member

Good eye! I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. I still have much to learn when looking at all this stuff. I wouldn't go so far as to say no blind eyelets on all boots. I think it gives a more elegant look especially with the Plaza boots from LS.

11. rick

rick Senior Member

[​IMG]

just bought these my first plaza last. i will post pics when they get here.

12. Ahab

just bought these my first plaza last. i will post pics when they get here.

I like those. You know, and this is just a thought, I think you can use a little darker wax around the toes every once in a while to make them look a little antiqued.

13. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior Member

Even taking into account that the two pictures show the opposite shoes the toe area looks to be different shaped. I have no idea.

Interesting... They do appear to be two different lasts.

i have reported to steven...he said that i was the only one have this problem [​IMG]

It looks like Dunkin's cigar indy is not on a trubalance either? Maybe the other guys just haven't noticed it yet.

14. rick

rick Senior Member

I like those. You know, and this is just a thought, I think you can use a little darker wax around the toes every once in a while to make them look a little antiqued.

i was thinking the same thing, plus i got them at a great price.

15. Ahab

It looks like Dunkin's cigar indy is not on a trubalance either? Maybe the other guys just haven't noticed it yet.
    Yeah, this is what I am thinking. People have not noticed or do not care. OK, I know there are some wild lasts out there but from my understanding there are only 3 lasts that you size down half a size for: Tru-Balance, Barrie and Modified. To me the toe box looks too small to be modified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.