• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippy

Reaction score

Guys, how do you contact Alden DC? By phone only? Google doesn't reveal a website, I guess there ain't one :)

By phone only. And they are really wonderful with excellent customer service.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to provide another point of information, my order (#8 LWB in 10.5D) from North River Outfitters is in transit.

Also, thanks for the tip about Tom Austin Shoes. Got a great deal on black shell LWB. It seems I suddenly have an Alden collection forming.

kippy

Reaction score

****, I should probably try some tongue pads with mine. Dunno why I didn't think of it before.

Go to an Alden shop and try 1/2 size down from wherever you are now. I tried going the tongue pad route at first and it was "ok" but my foot was still a bit loose. I tired of the loose fit after a while, went to a store and realized I needed to size down 1 entire size down from my regular shoe size for the Barrie last. Experiment with the fit in person and spend the time figuring out what is best for your feet. You might be surprised at the results and save a lot of money in the process.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got an email from North River Outfitters cancelling my order. They said Alden no longer makes the LWB in C width :brick:

Seriously?  Why do I not believe this?

uhhh yeah, this is just false. Alden definitely still makes the LWB in C width - TSM has a bunch of C widths available on their site right now. Luckily, my C width snuff suede chukkas must have been in stock and they are en route to me right now. Probably won't get here until next Tuesday, since there is a holiday on Monday.

theclipper

Reaction score

uhhh yeah, this is just false. Alden definitely still makes the LWB in C width - TSM has a bunch of C widths available on their site right now. Luckily, my C width snuff suede chukkas must have been in stock and they are en route to me right now. Probably won't get here until next Tuesday, since there is a holiday on Monday.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I was really looking forward to finally getting a pair of Aldens.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leffot Navy Suede LWB
IMG_1781.jpg

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would not recommend the Kiwi horsehair brushes- they are too small.
There is a guy on ebay (username: coolshoeswalter) selling 6.5" Star horsehair brushes for $7.50 shipped which is a much more useful sized brush.

Yeah Kiwi brushes are less than half the size of the Star ones. I ended up buying one for each shell color. It that really necessary or not? Need one for #8 now if it is, otherwise will probably just use my black or dark brown brush

AnOxymoron

Reaction score
Why does it matter if the brush is too small? 5.75 inches seems adequate enough.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my unlined chukkas from NRO today. There's slight pinching along the stitching on the medial side of the shoe. Does anyone have experience whether this will stretch out over time or should I change them for a wider size?

Costa

Reaction score
Received my suede Chukkas from NRO today. Was nice to add a staple for 20% off, again, thank you for the code.

Any input on treating the suede before wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads