1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I have boots -some with all eyelets and some with speed hooks. In a perfect world they would all have all eyelets and I may very well have BNelson replace the speed hooks at a later date with all eyelets.

2. Yokj

Yokj Member

wore my indy cigar today. 742 dollars of goodness[​IMG].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I feel that you especially deserve to be treated nicely by them.

I notice that you aren't one to boast about such things, but would you be willing to share how many pairs of Alden's you own?

I remember that you were on quite a tear for a while.

4. Chaos_Cow

Chaos_Cow Well-Known Member

Shamefully not even the most I've paid for shells. My whiskey long wings were more because of NYC tax...

5. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Yes, well, every time I called LS to inquire about a shoe, they happened to have one in my size. It was quite remarkable really. So a good chuck of my Alden collection is courtesy of LS. I'll have to check my closet, but I probably have 10 pairs er no make it 14 pair if you count the black shell cap toes I have on order.

6. sevenfoldtieguy

blucher or bal? straight tip or perf tip?

7. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Would it be appropriate to infer that you have 4 pairs of black shell cap toes on order?

While 10-14 is no small feat, I thought it may have been more. I guess the tear that I was noticing may not have been exclusive to Alden, and you may have shared some pics of Rancourts and Vibergs that you bought. It just seemed for a while that every time I clicked on a thread, you had just gotten a new pair of shoes. You must have a lot of calluses on your feet from breaking in so many new pairs.

8. 33peace

33peace Member

I have recently fell in love with the look of the Shell Cordovan Alden Indy.
    So far, I think these have been my favorite- http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/3127508729/officersindycigarshell

I have spent about the last 3 hours calling everywhere from Hawaii, California, New York, Seattle with 0 luck of any in stock, preorder, or future shipments. Does anyone have ideas of what the best way to acquire a pair in the future is, or to get notifications of future orders?

9. Don L

Don L Senior member

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

The shoe mart ones posted earlier today are pretty darn similar IMO.

11. sevenfoldtieguy

If those aren't close enough, one may be waiting for a few more years ......

12. 33peace

33peace Member

I am an 8.5D, which are currently sold out. I called and they said May 2013 was expected restock date.

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

May 2013 isn't that long of a wait in the Alden scheme of things. Just the blink of an eye really...

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Also (sorry for so many posts in rapid succession) is 8.5D your true size? or your Trubalance size? As they may vary SIGNIFICANTLY.

15. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Sorry, I have 13 (for some reason I really thought it was only 10). The 14th are black shell plain cap toes, Hampton last from Alden NY.

Originally, I had also forgotten the two pair of Truflare wingtips I recently acquired.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  16. 33peace

33peace Member

I wear an 8.5D in my Alden Indy 403, so I am guessing it would be the same in the Shell Cordovan. Is that correct?

17. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

FYI, Alden of NY just emailed me they just received a Cigar Indy (trubalance, double leather soles) in 8D that are on hold for me. Since I picked up a pair with commando soles a few months ago from J. Gilbert, I'm going to let them know I no longer want them.

18. Yokj

Yokj Member

if you are 8.5D in barries, I feel that 8D would work with the indys. they run a bit wider with indys from experience with my pair. If you are that desperate for it, get the 8. you always can return them.

19. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

20. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

looks like it might be time to snatch up a couple staple shoes and retire from the shell ring [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.