1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REguy

REguy Senior member

Yep, chukkas still up. When you search by men's shoes-->Alden, it doesn't show them like when you just click shoes.

2. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I've had issues with the toes of a sole wearing quickly on a new pair of shoes, so if the soles are stiff, I will break shoes in on carpet first.

3. poena

poena Senior member

i can't decide which shoes to get

dark brown LWB i will probably get
    deciding suede LWB or bucks

also picking up a barbour jacket i think

edit: well bucks are out of the question. camel are sold out from all sizes between 8-10

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  4. Factor Xll

Factor Xll Senior member

How does the Barrie measure vs. trubalance?

I know they both run half a size big. I own three pairs of indy boots and is considering a shoe on the Barrie.

I have a bunion and need a little extra width, but can still do a D width on the Indy.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

IME, Trubalance is slightly blobbier than the Barrie, so you may need an E in the Barrie. I have 403s in a 12C and a pair of Barrie-lasted #8 wingtip boots in a 12D, and the fit is similar. If anything, the 403s almost seem a bit wider. Not sure if that has anything to do with CXL vs cordovan tho...

6. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

I have trubalance and barrie in the same size (12D). I wear a dress sock with barrie, but can fit a padded sock on trubalance.

7. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

New arrival tonight. My ravello cap toe boots from Unionmade. These turned out impeccable. Much thanks to Spencer and Ty at Unionmade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. ThArtOfWardrobe

ThArtOfWardrobe Senior member

Those are gorgeous, congrats man.

9. ThArtOfWardrobe

ThArtOfWardrobe Senior member

Has styleforum recently optimized their site for mobile? Maybe my phone just now decided to cooperate...either way, this is luxurious.

10. Sandwich

Sandwich Well-Known Member

Tried to buy a pair of snuff LWB but the J-Crew site said that it was "excluded from sale" once i typed in the promo code. Did others do something special (perhaps a double secret promo code) or did J-Crew simply put the cabosh on Aldens?

11. Edmund K

Edmund K Senior member

There is no more discount for the J.Crew Alden now. 30% OFF is very rare for Alden.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

The J Crew tan bucks are some of my favorite shoes. Wear them with denim, chinos, seersucker, whatever.

13. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Does anyone know of anywhere selling brown chromexcel barrie last chukkas in an 11.5? I've looked EVERYWHERE. I'm dying to get a pair but I can't find any online.

(I would love something identical to this LS makeup: http://leathersoulhawaii.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/cxlc1.jpg)

If not, is there a way to darken natural chromexcel to get it a similar colour to the brown?

EDIT: in fact, if anyone can find me a NIB pair for sale, I'll hit you up on paypal with a 7% finders fee.

14. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Code:

And this, plus a dwindling inventory, is why waiting on such a sale is risky.

15. joiji

joiji Senior member

16. 0ShinAkuma0

0ShinAkuma0 Active Member

Got a question, I'm saving up for the cap toe Shell Cordovan boot, color #8. It might be about three months or so until I'm able to afford it, does this style have any risk of being discontinued any time soon or is it too popular of a style to be discontinued? These are quite honestly the nicest boots I've ever seen. Looking forward to my first pair of Alden's.

17. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

18. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

[​IMG]

Wore them today. Very nice.

1 person likes this.
  19. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I noticed this too...SF must have optimized for mobile because it looks so much better on my iPhone now

20. Don L

Don L Senior member

Try accessing it via Tapatalk (app store). Works really well for SF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.