***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

I'm not really into wingtips. For some reason, it reminds me of old men or attorney's. However, those are great looking shoes. Wear them in the best of health!

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Felt the same way until I actually tried them on. My god, didn't want to take them off.

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Awesome. Did you get them resoled w/ crepe?

4. Dr. D

Dr. D Senior member

I've only seen a handful of pairs in real life, but in my experience ravello has the most variation between batches of any of the colors of shell Alden uses. Here are my whiskey LWB and ravello LHS (with indoor lighting):

[​IMG]

5. Joakeen

Joakeen Member

What size did you order? I ordered a pair of 8D at around noon yesterday. Still no email... fingers crossed.

6. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

I think I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment. Why would that be the case; Isn't it the same dye across the board? How come we see such variation in that shell color and not the others?

7. AldenLuver

AldenLuver Senior member

I wear 10D in both. The Barrie maybe a little roomier in width, but not much.

8. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Beautiful, is it bad that I want to get LWBs in addition to my SWB?! :happy:

On a side note, I feel like I've seen your 'phototristan' name on YouTube or something.

9. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

Curious as to the sizes in #8 Indy's that people ordered from NRO and if they even have in stock. I haven't heard anything back on my order yet but I'm not holding my breath. Might see if they have a 990 if the Indy falls through.

10. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Just an FYI to everyone jumping on the NRO sale, if the shoes do not work out and you want to return them, then your only option is exchanging or getting store credit.

11. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Damn it I better be their first 8.5D that gets shipped! I do know they have it in stock though - I gave them a call yesterday; I have no clue as to what size range they had in their store but I know they had them in store.

Ahh the anticipation is killing me.

12. 0waterbouys

0waterbouys Senior member

People have been reporting that they are getting emails saying they will have to wait around 12-14 weeks to ship. If that's no big deal to you go ahead and grab them, but a lot of people bought from them during the sale and it's doubtful they had that many pairs. You could be waiting longer than they are saying, its really up in the air right now.

Dayum...

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  13. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Speak of the devil; concerning the NRO order:

What are you guys going to do? I wonder if this is their way of cancelling the order on us, because they literally told me they had these shoes in their shop...

14. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

Curious on the NRO deal. If your shoes don't fit, I assume that you would be able to exchange straight across for a different size of the same model. However, if you want to change, say an Indy for a LHS, would they continue to honor a discount even if it's after the sale time period? Also, would the store credit be indefinite? Seems like it should be, but have no idea. In some situations, it's advantageous to bracket the size to make sure and return the one that doesn't work. Obviously, this would not work unless you wanted an enormous store credit.

15. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Good question, I can tell you that they probably won't honor the discount. A friend who still lives in Boston swung by and casually asked if the storewide sale was applicable on Aldens - lady straight up said no because of the deal they have with Alden. They aren't allowed to discount them; that's why I'm crossing my fingers - but now the order is 14 damn weeks out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.