• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recent acquisitions. Brown calf longwing, 405 indy boot, tan suede chukka on a crepe sole. Went a full size down on the indy boots and they're incredibly comfortable. Anybody else do this?
[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]
I dig those brown long wings. J Crew version?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m4aq33RISi1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

403s at the Giants game yesterday

James_M

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Indys the year before last and wore them a few times a week. After one season wear the heel was worn well beyond the rubber part so I had that replaced. A couple of months later the entire sole began to separate. As well, the tongue became displaced. No matter how carefully I tied them the tongue would inevitably begin to slip sideways to the inside of the boot. Basically after a year of wear they were done. This has nothing to do with treating the leather. It seemed to be a constructional issue. I likely do walk more than the average person but it's not like I was hiking up mountains. Are you just not supposed to walk in them? It's unfortunate because I liked them but I'd be hesitant to get a new pair given my previous experience

mr chorizo

Reaction score
Natural CXL question:

how do you guys clean this leather? I have montana pitch blend on my Indy boots, but they got scuffed up recently and have a few darker marks than I'd like and am looking for a method to clean em up a bit.

thoughts?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I get extra brownie points for replying while on my family vacation in San Diego? I can't lie and say reading SF isn't a nice break after spending the last week at Legoland, the wild safari park, Sea World, and the SD Zoo...

Awesome.
That is what I want to hear.
If I am in Beverly Hills can your folks there make a fairly accurate (with some allowance for error of course) determination as to whether and which models can feet my wide and high arched wide toed feet?
I'd be willing to pre-pay and wait 18 mos, but I'd hate to do so and find out Aldens are just the wrong shoes for my feet, in any size.

Bryan and Joel at LSBH can make a sizing recommendation based on measuring your feet, but we do not give a guarantee for any size outside of a D or E width.

- - -

As far as ordering these non-stock sizes (A, EEEE, EE, etc...) we can take any stock pair order anytime. When I say stock, I mean anything in the standard Alden catalog.

As far as our own LS models, contact me directly from time to time and I can tell you if I will be ordering something you are looking for in the near future. I will tell you though, you will probably get better results dealing with a sales person at LSW instead of me. Although I do all the buying and detailing, I am very hands off now days when it comes to customers. My staff would be much more able to follow up.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair of Indys the year before last and wore them a few times a week. After one season wear the heel was worn well beyond the rubber part so I had that replaced. A couple of months later the entire sole began to separate. As well, the tongue became displaced. No matter how carefully I tied them the tongue would inevitably begin to slip sideways to the inside of the boot. Basically after a year of wear they were done. This has nothing to do with treating the leather. It seemed to be a constructional issue. I likely do walk more than the average person but it's not like I was hiking up mountains. Are you just not supposed to walk in them? It's unfortunate because I liked them but I'd be hesitant to get a new pair given my previous experience

Pics?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
285dw5.jpg

ravello tassel
argyles otc

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your views  -  dude  -  but EG have been around a lot longer than Jordan was, they also bend over backwards to help a client and they're still very much in business, so that theory of yours don't work too well now does it?

Found my brand? I don't use EGs on factory floors, fishing trips camping, climbing etc etc that spot is filled by Alden.

Nobody attacked Tom, and nobody questioned his integrity. We have bought enough shoes and other products from LS to know what is or is not possible from LS. All that Tom did was he put his hand up offer some help instead of charging about, like other folks do, criticizing everyone, as if criticism is some sort of substitute for a solution.

The other thing is that you could pay attention to the Alden MTO thread and get in on a preorder. I personally have put together three group orders for people through Epaulet for a ravello captoe boot, a whiskey wingtip boot and a mixed media boot. We have a long wait ahead of us, but you could have ordered any size you pleased. It requires a little bit of planning and legwork but you can actually get what you want. Just a helpful suggestion.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
The other thing is that you could pay attention to the Alden MTO thread and get in on a preorder. I personally have put together three group orders for people through Epaulet for a ravello captoe boot, a whiskey wingtip boot and a mixed media boot. We have a long wait ahead of us, but you could have ordered any size you pleased. It requires a little bit of planning and legwork but you can actually get what you want. Just a helpful suggestion.

Yup, that looks like the only answer really. Are there any slots open at the moment?

The strange thing is, during January I walked into Shoemart for a pair of Alden boot laces and I walked out with a great pair of Ravello SWB wingtip 9 eyelet boots.

Dammit, and I wondered whether I had gone crazy with impulse buying at $680 a pop. Now I wish I had taken every other style they had on offer.

When you ain't looking it seems to rain exotic cordovans, but when you desperately need a pair? not a shoe to be had!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads