• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was told 8 months by TSM for Ravello 9 Eyelet boots. They put in their order in April though, so they may not make that deadline.

Order acknowledge by Alden immediately? I'm pretty sure the Leffot order still hasn't gotten acknowledged

marmottan

Reaction score
Just fyi Ravello is like 18 months right now

18 months...
The good point is that this could make it easier for many folks to pay them.
A 18-months free credit program to some extent (sic).

Do you know why did they stop taking individuals MTO ? Too difficult to manage hundreds of orders or the scarcity of some shells forced them to discourage MTO ?
Any feedback will be welcome.

Last edited:

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would like to say thank you very much, zazaza, finally a good friend from Seattle/WA. who visit me every year brought me my pair of Alden Workman Oxford CXL x Winn Perry last week.
Joachim

you're very welcome, glad you were able to get in on the deal, that CXL looks damn nice!

LeJouvre

Reaction score
My SF Alden #8 boots are basically ready for replacement and LSH has been sold out for years already.

What happened to Tom Parks? Has he deserted the SF community? Or do we have to put in a group order?

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My SF Alden #8 boots are basically ready for replacement and LSH has been sold out for years already.

What happened to Tom Parks? Has he deserted the SF community? Or do we have to put in a group order

Why can't you do an Alden restoration or send them to B.Nelson?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What happened to Tom Parks? Has he deserted the SF community? Or do we have to put in a group order?

Huh? Nothing happened to me. Heck, I was just at the SF10 party in San Francisco (although everyone though Will was me...).

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Tom,

good to see you. How about it Tom, are there plans for a new SF Alden boot order in the wings?

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Why can't you do an Alden restoration or send them to B.Nelson?
When my boots gets destroyed, they gets destroyed. I am no pen pushing Gucci terrorist bank manager or Pox Doctor's clerk, I work in places which make shoes cringe before you even get them on your feet in the morning.

Besides, I do have my footwear restored, but the restored item is donated to worthy causes. You'd be amazed how grateful people can get for a restored pair of Aldens or EGs etc.

Never did try B.Nelson, heard about him here on SF loads of times already. Is he specifically Alden or does he do all brands of shoes?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never did try B.Nelson, heard about him here on SF loads of times already. Is he specifically Alden or does he do all brands of shoes?

Does all brands. From my esperience, reputable and knowledgeable guy with no BS. Definitely like his work.

beowolf

Reaction score
For today
d03623c2-8780-b383.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When my boots gets destroyed, they gets destroyed. I am no pen pushing Gucci terrorist bank manager or Pox Doctor's clerk, I work in places which make shoes cringe before you even get them on your feet in the morning.

Besides, I do have my footwear restored, but the restored item is donated to worthy causes. You'd be amazed how grateful people can get for a restored pair of Aldens or EGs etc.

i don't think i've ever seen a trashed pair of alden shell boots, mind sharing a pic before you cast them off?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tom,

good to see you. How about it Tom, are there plans for a new SF Alden boot order in the wings?

Too difficult to procure. It takes about 4-6 months to confirm previous models, much more for brand new makeups (some over a year). Then another 6-8 months for production. Most people on SF are not willing to wait that long. Plus it's very difficult to get to a consensus style that is possible to make and appeals to everyone. Sorry, a longwing combination boot in #4 and whiskey scotch grain cordovan with Dainite sole is not a possibility...hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads