• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wasn't Leather Soul the thread sponsor? It doesn't show that info any longer. I don't even see them as a SF affiliate. Where did you go Tom?

Didn't want this to get buried. I haven't seen this discussed on the thread and wasn't sure if I missed something.

thenewbie

Reaction score
anybody have pics of the Epaulet Natural Longwings on the Leydon last. interested to see how they look on feet as compared to the barrie.

Therendition

Reaction score
anybody have pics of the Epaulet Natural Longwings on the Leydon last. interested to see how they look on feet as compared to the barrie.

There's two pictures maybe ten or fifteen pages back.

Junebug9122

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Aldens. There are three Alden shops near where I live, but none had any offerings in Barrie and what they did have was quite anemic. So I had to wing it (pun intended) and take a chance on 11.5 D in the LWB Whiskey Shell from shoe mart which is apparently the 'Bootmaker Edition' (I'm learning as I go here). I was expecting the stitching on the welt to lighter in color, but otherwise it was perfect. The fit was a little concerning. The heel did not feel as snug as I would have liked, and the forefoot did feel slightly cramped. I am a D/E width but I read here that the Barrie runs wider as well as longer, so I figured that should cover it. Hoping it works itself out as it breaks in. Apologies for the crappy cell phone pictures.

Already thinking about my next Aldens. I'm looking for boots I can wear to work (think semi-formal, no suits, just a shirt, dress slacks and tie) but which would also travel well in all-purpose conditions (city walking, hiking, et) b/c I don't want to carry multiple pairs of shoes. I'm thinking Indy Cigar Shells with Crepe Soles (I realize I would have to add the soles). I don't like the look of Shell Chukkas (especially the waves), but I'm wondering, have any of you worn Indy Shells with dress pants, and if so, care to post full length front pics (not just of the shoe and socks). Thanks.

0waterbouys

Reaction score
It was a nice sunny day today, thought I'd share some pics of my newish #8's from J Gilbert since we seem to be on the subject.

And I also can attest to Yenni and Sean. They are really helpful, friendly people. If you are having trouble contacting them via email give them a ring tomorrow.

AnOxymoron

Reaction score
awful photo from my iphone 3g camera, but thought i'd share anyways....first day in my first aldens. loving them.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Are non shell Aldens OK to post here? :embar:

esqiv8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads