1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

sort of but eventually they'll disenfranchise the american buyer because their volume won't change... they're still super rare outside of the U.S. and the japanese/swedes/europeans generally will pay far more.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. speekez

speekez Well-Known Member

a horsehair brush and some saphir renovateur. THAT'S IT. seriously. color 8 wax polish if you're a wussy

3. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

i also use saphir cordovan cream every third time or so. it's not necessary, per se, but i like it. not a fan of the wax at all.

4. NSBS

NSBS New Member

who told you $695? They have a Alden Wing tip boot out of #8 that they are selling for $695. I paid $545 for these. not sure where you got that price from

5. speekez

Did nick help you? That guy's incredibly rude. bit of a drinker too i hear

6. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Excuse me? Cuz the box says "Stronghold", I'm supposed to conclude beyond any reasonable doubt that he got them from some store named Stronghold. Piss off.

7. speekez

yes?

8. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

So, tough guy, you're the manager at Civilianaire, located just up the road from this Stronghold shop in Venice, ey? Agree, you should know all about Stronghold. Some of us from halfway round the world will, I hope, be excused for never hearing of such a place. Particularly since they don't seem to advertise themselves as an Alden stockist. And, anyway, did you ever hear of a little conversation starter.

Looks like you've given a pretty solid indication of what kind of a business you're running at Civillianaire. I for one wouldn't think of buying or ordering anything from a rude inconsiderate individual like yourself. Peace.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. speekez

all in good fun, chap! <3 <3

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

This used to be a collegial thread.

11. REguy

REguy Senior member

I called, told them exactly what I was looking for, and that's the price I was given. What's a girl to do beyond that? $545 is still high, but it makes more sense than cordo pricing.

12. NSBS

NSBS New Member

well the shoemart has Nat CXL for $513, Jcrew has waxed for $515, So for a special edition spectator make up at $545 is in the same range as the standard make ups other stores are offering right now, IMO.

PS- not sure who you talked to but they def gave you the wrong price.

13. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Hi. I have only just discovered the "Roy Boot" carried by Context.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1524

I love the look of the uppers, but am a little unsure about the "Plantation Crepe" sole. I am familiar with crepe, but this looks a little different. And in some pictures of the boots after worn in the side of the sole looks pretty rough. Can anyone comment on how this sole wears, and how it looks in person after a year or so?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

14. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Crepe = Plantation Crepe

16. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Someone just posted pics about 2 weeks ago. Use the "search this theread" button at the top and bottom of the page

17. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Collegial does seem to be the watchword around here, and it would be nice to keep it that way. My thought is that Speekez would have done well to use one of the clever emoticons I'm looking at screen left as I type this to show that his comment was "all in good fun." One simple smiley face can go a long way toward maintaining the sweetness and light and a focus on Alden's pricing... :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  18. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

On my left foot, no matter what shoe I wear, the tongue consistently drops down towards the outside of my foot. This condition was again brought to my attention today while wearing my JGilbert #8 Captoe boots as the tongue settles nicely under my ankle joint.

Major #firstworldproblems this morning. :(

(Any ideas why this happens in general?)

19. terradilavoro

terradilavoro Senior member

It's way to early in the morning to ask "why'
    all my boot tongues moved this way - at least all of them get rid off such FWP with the help of my decent cobbler with one or two tiny stitches :nodding:
    time for 2nd cup of coffee

cheerio
    Joachim

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I posted a picture of my worn one a few days back. The sole wears like clarks DB if that helps at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.