• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AldenLuver

Reaction score
Just put in my order for Ravello LWB. Should be here within the month.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Where did you order it from?

closerlook

Reaction score

We all claim to know but we really don't. Really.
Thanks

the barrie last is wide all around and is thus accommodating of most feet

the trubalance has a cut-in at the arch with a wide bulbous forefoot
the cut in slightly corrects flat feet while the bulbous front accommodates the toe spread that occurs with pronation
truebalance also often has a clef heel which slightly corrects ankle roll with pronation

Dbc0919

Reaction score

keithp3521

Reaction score

the barrie last is wide all around and is thus accommodating of most feet
the trubalance has a cut-in at the arch with a wide bulbous forefoot
the cut in slightly corrects flat feet while the bulbous front accommodates the toe spread that occurs with pronation
truebalance also often has a clef heel which slightly corrects ankle roll with pronation

Wow. Great answer. Thanks, Closerlook. Does that mean if one has a "normal" foot that fits well in the Barrie last, the Trubalance last would NOT fit well?

Thanks again.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

0waterbouys

Reaction score
Why so long? Last week, I was also fortunate enough to get a pair of Ravello LWB's from Alden DC and they arrived in a couple of days. BTW - They're spectacular. Great choice.

I should have phrased that better. I am out of town and won't be home to receive them until later this month. Thanks, they are my first foray into the rarer shells.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ir037m.jpg

ravello monks
argyles otc

clouded

Reaction score

Alden Brown for Cigar. Which color do you recommend from the Saphir line? I bought a tin of Bordeaux for my #8's, but am still unsure of the best Cigar match. Perhaps we can add these color coordinations to your master post every month.
When I first purchased my NattyCXL 403s, I saw a ton of pics done up with the wrap-around technique. I've only ever employed the same and never completely laced up the speed hooks... :embar:

Which last are these shoes ?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads