***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spats

Spats Senior member

Found these today, new and unworn:

[​IMG]

Those are my go-to Aldens! Nice find Alan, are they my size? [​IMG] I'm wondering what sole to resole with on these? I like the crepe sole, but I think it is much heavier than the one that boot comes with, so I'm still mulling it over.

2. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Yours, D?

Yup, first full retail Alden I've ever bought

Those look superb. Pics a bit blurry, though...cigar w/out storm welt?

Thanks, cigar w/storm. Sorry for the crappy iphone pics

Wish I could have bought them from Tom but had to jump on these when Leffot offered.

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Wish I could have bought them from Tom but had to jump on these when Leffot offered.

Yeah, all bets are off with the cigar indys...you gotta grab 'em when you see 'em.

4. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Yeah, all bets are off with the cigar indys...you gotta grab 'em when you see 'em.

That's how I feel with #8 boots as well. So hard to find one and the waiting is too long. [​IMG]

I'm sure it will be well worth it though.

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Whiskey Indys pristine and unworn.
    [​IMG]
    After a few wearings.
    [​IMG]

Snuff suede after an equal number of wearings.
    [​IMG]

6. srivats

srivats Senior member

[​IMG]

Please post some pics man !! Unfair to show us a pair of cigar indys and not have photos :)

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]

Man, those are nice. I am insanely envious.

8. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Whiskey Indys pristine and unworn.
    After a few wearings.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing that Whiskey after it has been well worn.

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

xpost, chromexcel indies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

I like the idea of work shoes, rather than boots. Does anyone have the Leather Soul indy shoes? Here's a funky vintage (old logo) pair I picked up off ebay cheap recently. If they had contrast stitching and sole, I think they'd be cool: [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. quantrell

quantrell Member

I have them. More compliments on them than any other shoes I own, including EG, G&G, Alden shells,
    etc, comfy too. Mine are the basic Footjoy configuration, but I think Tom said he'd be offering them in other materials in the future.

12. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Searched for this, but nothing concrete came up...

I have a pair of brown Chromexcel Indys (J. Crew version) that I believe are defective. The left foot, when I walk in the shoes, is higher than the other by around a quarter of a inch (maybe half an inch?), which, you know, causes a great deal of pain in my foot and knee. Overall the left shoe feels like the footbed is much higher and tighter than the right shoe, even though when you line the shoes up side to side they look identical. When I was first at the store and breaking these in, I attributed this to the fact that the shoes are handmade and that they needed to be broken in before a proper evaluation was given.

Well, they're broken in, and I get pain in my left foot and knee still when I walk in them. The pain is pretty dull, but obviously it shouldn't be happening. Any ideas as to my options?

13. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

Searched for this, but nothing concrete came up...

I have a pair of brown Chromexcel Indys (J. Crew version) that I believe are defective. The left foot, when I walk in the shoes, is higher than the other by around a quarter of a inch (maybe half an inch?), which, you know, causes a great deal of pain in my foot and knee. Overall the left shoe feels like the footbed is much higher and tighter than the right shoe, even though when you line the shoes up side to side they look identical. When I was first at the store and breaking these in, I attributed this to the fact that the shoes are handmade and that they needed to be broken in before a proper evaluation was given.

Well, they're broken in, and I get pain in my left foot and knee still when I walk in them. The pain is pretty dull, but obviously it shouldn't be happening. Any ideas as to my options?

Can you still bring them back to J Crew for repair/exchange? Otherwise maybe send them directly back to Alden?

While I do love Aldens, sometimes their QC can be problematic. My Kudu Hawaiian Stompers on one shoe make a clicking sound from the internal steel shank whenever I tilt my foot up. I don't know if that is normal though...

14. seany

seany Senior member

Cant you put some sort of cushion or support on the foot right foot ?

15. mikesduc

mikesduc Senior member

Send them back to J Crew. Something that dramatic should at least be eligible for exchange.

On another note i just ordered the AF53 from AofC. Very excited. I think my Alden collection is pretty much complete at this point unless the Plaza somehow starts working for me. Would love to have the Captoe in #8 from LS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.