• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecentennial

Reaction score

I'd get seconds, usually defect is not that bad and will 99% of the time be better than well used shoes

How does one buy alden seconds from shoemart? Do they have a mailing list, or are they just advertised on the site with the other shoes?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does one buy alden seconds from shoemart? Do they have a mailing list, or are they just advertised on the site with the other shoes?

There's a mailing list. Call or email them and let them know what sizes you want to be notified of. Actually I think there's a form on their website you can fill out with the sizes you are looking for.

freedevil

Reaction score
New here - read nearly half the thread in the last month or so
wow.gif

Epaulet CXL Brixton Boot

thecentennial

Reaction score
I've emailed them and requested to be added to the list - cigar PTB at 10.5D please..:)

closerlook

Reaction score
I saw a guy in santa monica today with a pair of white suede tankers with white vibram soles.
they were pretty cool

david3558

Reaction score
Brought me to the yard - haha.

Anyway, I finally snapped some pics of the Alden x LS Ravello Shortwings. Tom said there were only 18 pairs in this run and I had the only 8.5 (snagged it at the SF Anniv. event!). :D

Took some really crappy photos, but expect to see more of these bad boys when I work up the courage to break them in. Do you guys think I should get the heels tapped + sole topy'd (it's currently a double leather sole).

Finally - super sad day but I think I'll be moving forward with selling my Ultimate Jumpers to make room for some new additions...

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Brought me to the yard - haha.
Anyway, I finally snapped some pics of the Alden x LS Ravello Shortwings. Tom said there were only 18 pairs in this run and I had the only 8.5 (snagged it at the SF Anniv. event!). :D
Took some really crappy photos, but expect to see more of these bad boys when I work up the courage to break them in. Do you guys think I should get the heels tapped + sole topy'd (it's currently a double leather sole).

Finally - super sad day but I think I'll be moving forward with selling my Ultimate Jumpers to make room for some new additions...

oh nice. you were the one that bought them? awesome.

full disclosure, i fondled the left shoe...

david3558

Reaction score
Hah, yeah - it's ok, passing on those good vibes to me. You left my damn left shoe super grimy though, just saying. Did you pick anything up?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol. Those aren't greasy finger marks, those are just the natural oils coming up from the shell. :D

Your pair of shells are immaculate. I think LS brought the nicest pair to the event: even stitching, excellent color, great matching of shell hides, etc.

I picked up a couple of items; from yuketan: #8 shell belt and Ravello card holder. From epaulet: carmina double monks.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone id these please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads