1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubiquiti

ubiquiti Well-Known Member

Anyone know if its possible to do a blind to matching eyelet conversion?

2. xr4ti

xr4ti Senior Member

Another pic of my Ravello Boots. Love these shoes.

[​IMG]

3. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior Member

not necessarily, unlined shoes are very nice for the warmer months, especially in alden's suede models.

Last edited: May 7, 2012

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

The unlined PTBs are very lightweight as well. Of course, some of that comes from have a flex welt and single sole. Unlined shell creases differently as well, in my limited experience.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

:wow:

dream shoe:

Leydon Last PTB
    Single flex welt sole (a must)
    #8 or black shell

actually, Ill take any shoe in shell on the Leydon last and single flex welt sole

6. iDoc

iDoc Senior Member

Looking for sizing help. Interested in cordovan leisure handsewn mocs. I wear a size 8.5D in the cordovan chukkas with Barrie last. I can feel my toes touching the end of the shoe with the 8.5D LHS. The 9D LHS has too much heel slippage. What's the best size to go with? 8.5D and hope for some stretching? Or 9D with tongue pads to keep shoe in place?

7. velomane

velomane Senior Member

I'm an 8.5D in Barrie as well. My #8 LHS are 9C and they fit me very well. I must say, though, that I have a very low instep. I suspect most people wouldn't say the same.

8. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior Member

from what i gather, the cordo chukkas have a very roomie fit, so expect 9d would be a good place to start. How much heel slippage do you have exactly? do your heels flop all the way out of the shoe when walking or do they just shift. the sole will break in, and when they do they will fit more snuggly.

I wear 11d in LHS and can do either 10.5d or 11d in barrie or tru-b. occasionally, my "index toe" may hit the front of the LHS shoe but rarely. is 8.5 uncomfortable to wear? 11.5 d in LHS was wayyyyy to big for me.

9. Mr.K

Mr.K Distinguished Member

Navy Suede PTB Today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. iDoc

iDoc Senior Member

I agree that 9C may be ideal. But I'm looking at the cigar cordovan LHS and can't seem to find any in C widths, only D and E.

In the 9D, my heels slip all the way out. I don't think it would fit more snuggly after breaking them in. My hope is that 8.5D may loosen enough to fit ok. The right shoe fits great. But my left foot is a bit bigger, and the big and 2nd toes touch the front. It's not uncomfortable when trying on at the store, but I'm worried it could be problematic with more extended wear.

11. trig

trig Distinguished Member

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

The flex welt is really nice. No personal experience with the Leydon, but I like this makeup. Let's just make it a saddle oxford...:)

The flex welt really changes the profile and the shoe, even on the Barrie last. Thought for about five minutes about selling these LS PTBs on, and glad I didn't.

I've found myself looking up that cap toe #8 Modified boot on Moulded Shoe's site recently. It's got a closed heel, and I feel like I've read somewhere that it has a single leather sole on it, though I don't see that right now at the site. VERY interested in this. Hoping to pay a visit Moulded at the end of June. Bet they won't have anything in my size. At least I can get sized for any Modified last opportunities that arise.

13. CHRK33

CHRK33 Distinguished Member

Make this a saddle oxford in #8 on Leydon and I am in as well.

14. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior Member

i know SF isn't keen on black, but it would be awesome to do a shell/pebble black LWB in the below left shoe w commando sole.

my final non Alden MTO plug for this shoe...cmon guys!

[​IMG]

15. zazaza

zazaza Distinguished Member

hot damn, I love these.
    Wish I could find somewhere that had my size in stock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.