• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not totally convinced it's necessary myself. 

I only use it to fix scratches in cordovan. The back of the spoon trick that everyone talks about probably works just fine. The bone works the renovateur into the scratches very well without causing additional damage to the finish of the shoe.

Last edited:

violethour1951

Reaction score
It's not much, but Barney's designer shoes are 10% off right now.
Seems to include Alden.

+1. If you look at Aldens on barneys.com, you get this:

"
BUY SHOES, HELP KIDS: RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT ON ANY MENS OR WOMENS DESIGNER SHOE PURCHASE WITH CODE BNYUNICEF AND BARNEYS NEW YORK WILL DONATE 10% OF SALES TO THE U.S. FUND FOR UNICEF
"

LankyFellow

Reaction score

lankyfellow rules :slayer: he sold me some epaulet natural chromexcel NST boots.. so dope. and of course it's 85 the day they come :(

Glad you like them. I just couldn't handle the half size too big anymore. They deserved better than to just be in my closet all the time. Also allowed me to get those sweet cigar lwb from shoemart. Oh and if anyone was curious I think they just got a shipment of those cigars a couple weeks ago because they were always out of stock when I looked before.

HorseHide

Reaction score

I'm not totally convinced it's necessary myself. 

Infidel! If you don't believe, it doesn't work - let yourself go, immerse yourself in the full glory of the voodoo bone. Feel the power of the voodoo bone.

Full disclosure -I'm not sure either... :paranoia:

Last edited:

HorseHide

Reaction score

I wonder if a deerbone would help me with this...

All kidding aside, I wouldn't touch this. I would call John Bennett (sp?) at Alden - he heads up the restoration department. Try leaving him a voicemail through the main number (not the 800 "customer service number") which I believe is (508) 947-3926.

Last edited:

halberdklown

Reaction score

All kidding aside, I wouldn't touch this. I would call John Bennett (sp?) at Alden - he heads up the restoration department. Try leaving him a voicemail through the main number (not the 800 "customer service number") which I believe is (508) 947-3926.
wait, really? damn...that's what I get for choosing the concrete stairs the day I decided to wear these...there has got to be something I can do that wouldn't require me to send them anywhere, I hope

bucksfan

Reaction score
That makes me feel sick
crazy.gif

Without fail the first time I bust out a new pair of shell, I scuff them up...so you're not allone.

LOL same here. Sort of like a door-ding on a new car. The good news is that with a little saphir renovateur, a brush, and time, the shoe scuff will turn into "patina" - the door ding is just a dent.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wait, really? damn...that's what I get for choosing the concrete stairs the day I decided to wear these...there has got to be something I can do that wouldn't require me to send them anywhere, I hope

No need to send them anywhere; it's just a scuff. Use a bit of elbow grease and you'll be fine. With a damp cotton tee shirt and horsehair brush I could remove about 90% of what I see there

Just takes time is all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads