• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

worked on the shine over the weekend. what do you guys think?
barriepaprika.jpg

barriepaprika1.jpg

I like the trees.

AldenLuver

Reaction score
worked on the shine over the weekend. what do you guys think?
barriepaprika.jpg

barriepaprika1.jpg
very nice...already getting a nice patina! these see a lot of sun?
Awesome... I wish I could take my shells somewhere and have someone do this for me. Haven't found any places in Houston that know what to do with shell cordovans. Any suggestions other than getting off my butt?

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden "Milkshake" Suede Indy for Epaulet

The pictures are in natural light, but the photos are overexposed making the suede look white. The suede looks more like an ivory or pearl white. Look at the darker area around the mouth of the boot in the last photo.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Alden "Milkshake" Suede Indy for Epaulet The pictures are in natural light, but the photos are overexposed making the suede look white. The suede looks more like an ivory or pearl white. Look at the darker area around the mouth of the boot in the last photo.
very nice...enjoy wearing

ElDave

Reaction score

Alden "Milkshake" Suede Indy for Epaulet The pictures are in natural light, but the photos are overexposed making the suede look white. The suede looks more like an ivory or pearl white. Look at the darker area around the mouth of the boot in the last photo.
Very interested in seeing more pictures of these in different light.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photo lineup in natural light, but with a bit more shadow than I'd prefer. Oh well.

Natural Chromexel Indy (403) - From Shoemart in January. Brushed after every wearing and one app of reno. Has darkened and made the color more rich - nowhere near the "natural" color in which they came. Almost time, though, to box them up for the summer.

#8 Wingtip Balmoral (974) - An Ebay snag in December (>$100). Have been working on "restoring" these from abuse from their previous owner. Again, brushed after every wearing, and reno'd twice. There's finally some color starting to show up on the toe and the vamp - I think the previous owner had used black polish on them, especially over the toe box, and so the shell was dead when I first got them.

Cigar Long Wing Blucher (975) - Bought off the forum, from Shoemart originally. Again, only ever brushed vigorously and reno'd once.

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice...enjoy wearing

Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't have snagged these without your tip off. My size sold out within 48hrs.

Very interested in seeing more pictures of these in different light.

The sun was pretty intense today. I will take some more pictures when I can get better lighting or maybe with a grey card for color correction. I lost my camera while on vacation, and I really need to think about getting a new one.

Renton

Reaction score

Photo lineup in natural light, but with a bit more shadow than I'd prefer. Oh well.
Natural Chromexel Indy (403) - From Shoemart in January. Brushed after every wearing and one app of reno. Has darkened and made the color more rich - nowhere near the "natural" color in which they came. Almost time, though, to box them up for the summer.
#8 Wingtip Balmoral (974) - An Ebay snag in December (>$100). Have been working on "restoring" these from abuse from their previous owner. Again, brushed after every wearing, and reno'd twice. There's finally some color starting to show up on the toe and the vamp - I think the previous owner had used black polish on them, especially over the toe box, and so the shell was dead when I first got them.

Cigar Long Wing Blucher (975) - Bought off the forum, from Shoemart originally. Again, only ever brushed vigorously and reno'd once.

I don't think I've seen natural chromexel age that way before, but it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads