1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Agreed. I don't like anything with buckles, but I kind of like the George boot. Would probably buy it if it were in a lace-up model.

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I own a now-discontinued black shell boot on the barrie with storm welt. It is the exact same as a chukka, but for the fact it has a single buckle and no laces. I like it quite alot.

3. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

<Start shameless plug>

If anyone is looking for a pair of Cigar LWB, I've got a new pair in my sig.

<end shameless plug>

4. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

LSO

what happened to that pair of day trippers in 11d for sale on ebay...what did they go for?

5. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

These were my first shell shoes almost two years ago. I bought these and Ravello Wingtip boots from Shoe Mart.

Cigar LWB - They still get plant of wear and are some of my favorite casual shoes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  6. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Thought that the Alden Community might like to see some other variations of Shell.

Pictured Below:

Top Row: Alden Captoe Boot in #8, Alden Ravello WT Boot, Alden Indy in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dalton in Walnut Cordovan
    Bottom Row: Carmina Monk in Navy Shell, Allen Edmonds Bradley in Burgandy Shell, Alden LWB in Cigar, Allen Edmonds Dundee in Cappuccino Cordovan.

Not pictures is a pair of Alden LWB in #8 and a soon to come pair of Carmina in Ruby Shell.

[​IMG]

7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Well done Pastor, well done.

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

To me it looks like the color closest to the Cigar Indy in the top row is the cappuccino shell in the bottom:; not the cigar LWB!

9. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

VERY GOOD.

10. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

yes, major variation in the Cigar colors between the Indy and the LWB.

11. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Outstanding collection! Is it me or is there not much of a difference in color between your cigar Indy and the Ravello wtip boot. I have both the the ravello and cigar LWB. If they both had the antique edge (my ravello has a dark brown edge), I'm not sure most could tell the difference without a close look.

12. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

I'm not a huge George fan but if i were to rock a pair it would be the pair offered by Orvis. Pretty bad ass lookin. Filson cruiser, raw denim a shotgun, and these :slayer:

[​IMG]

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Have you tried putting a pad on teh back of the heal instead of the tongue?

14. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

that's like, 90% of the shoes in this thread

15. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

I was also watching that one out of curiosity (I am awaiting my Day Trippers from Leffot--WTF?) Maybe mr wigglr knows something?:

16. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I wish I did! I bought the 10.5D ones that were here on SF. But the bay listing just disappeared.

17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Someone probably ebay messaged the lister with a big bid.

18. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Not unlikely, considering that for a high ticket item like this, eBay's (I think) 9% can be a good chunk of money.

19. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

I'm pretty sure that ebay changed their policy recently that if you pull an auction listing with bids prematurely, you incur the Final Value Fee of the highest bid when it is pulled. Not surprised since this has been a common practice. Of course if you pull something at 350 that is worth 700, you still come out a little bit ahead.

"Starting October 1, sellers will be charged a fee to end an Auction-style listing early if it has received a bid.
    The fee will equal the amount of the final value fee had the listing ended naturally and sold for the highest bid received when the seller ended the listing.
    In rare situations, a seller may need to end a listing early, so the fee will be waived the first time a seller ends a listing early each calendar year"

20. chantheman

chantheman Senior member

this is terrible to read...yet another reason i only tend to buy on ebay and am selling less on there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.