***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CFowler2790

CFowler2790 Active Member

So, I shit ya'll not, today after leaving my last class at my college I'm walking down the hallway to leave the art building and hear Indiana Jones' theme song playing from the movies, so I peek through the door to discover they are studying classic movie music. As I'm leaving I think to myself, "fuck I wish my Alden Indy boots would ship already!" Low and behold 20 minutes later as I pull up to my house and walk to my front door, there it is in front of me, in all it's glory, a shoe mart box containing my first Alden purchase, the 403 Indys. My smile has been stuck on my face for hours now from this [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

Great. Thanks very much, Sazon.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Excellent. Great story to tell about these Indys when you wear them. I really like this version. For some reason I like that red sole on them a whole lot. Enjoy wearing.

Beautiful. Are these from TSM? Enjoy.

I'm not positive, but I think part of the issue with preordering is that Alden doesn't let a shop order an unlimited number of a special makeup. The way I've read some posts here and there is that they can order x number of shoes in all sizes for an MTO, so the more special orders they take, the fewer they'll have for stock. This may or may not be right.

4. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

They look good! Were they from the seconds list?

5. CFowler2790

CFowler2790 Active Member

Nope, new.

6. Therendition

Therendition Senior member

7. trig

trig Senior member

hmmm

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

Sazon those are seriously my favorite Aldens ever. Idk how I'm going to be able to wait a year for mine to come in from TSM. Maybe Alden will get some Ravello way ahead of schedule :/

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Just heard back from Colin @ Leffot - he said that they currently have no plans to reorder these specific navy suede LWBs after this current run sells out, but if they do it will most likely be sometime next year. And, he can put my e-mail on file and let me know if they do end up restocking this shoe, and if they do then I will be able to put my pre-order in and get my size. It seems like a pretty popular shoe that is usually offered every year, so it would make sense that they would restock it again next year. I'll follow up with them again in a few months or so to see if their plans change at all and if I would still be able to pre-order my size in the event that they do reorder these.

I wish more shops could offer pre-orders, mainly because Alden won't accept one-off MTO's anymore. Which means that if you have an odd size that isn't normally stocked, then you're SOL. I'm sure there are issues that these shops have to deal with in order to set something like this up, but I'm selfish and I want some Aldens that fit me! :p

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

not likely! I've been waiting for my Epaulet Ravello Brixton boots - the ones Sazon mentioned - for over a year and they keep pushing the date back. I think they are still somewhere between 3-5 months away....apparently there has been a limited amount of Ravello available lately.

11. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

They look terrific! Cigar is my next choice as well (I've been hearing the same voices as you). I love the natural edge trim. I have AE burgundy shell Leeds/PTB's but I can't stop coveting the cigar. My only issue with the Mac method is not having the patience to wear new shell shoes indoors for that long.

Enjoy!

12. fredmull

fredmull Well-Known Member

FWIW, my cxl Context x Alden roy boots stretched quite a bit with regular wear. No doubt your cxl Indys will stretch. You don't want a floppy fit.

13. Amused

Amused Active Member

This is good news, thanks. I'll reach out to Colin to see if I can get notified as well. I really love this makeup...any of the Alden suede LWBs for that matter. The notion of pre-order didn't seem so bright when I was corresponding with Steve earlier...maybe he's changed his tune?

14. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I never had much luck dealing with Steve. It seems that maybe Colin is the one taking care of most of the net based stuff. I e-mailed Steve 5 times with no response and got one from Colin after only one try.

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Frank C - yes, from Shoe Mart

Dmash - thanks. I agree. These are one of my faves as well. Ravello is a tough color to beat !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.