• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have medium width feet, so I guess either full or split toe won't matter right?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been in-love with the PTB style since I first bought J. Crew’s version back in 2001.
Last week I could no longer take the voices inside my head, and I added the Cigar to my rotation.

Today is their first outing. Carpet only, as directed by the Mac break in procedure.

AldenCigarFirstday.jpg

AldenCigarFirstdayside.jpg

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sazon will you please post a pic of you Ravello wing tip boots in today's time?

Last edited:

Therendition

Reaction score

Therendition

Reaction score
I have been in-love with the PTB style since I first bought J. Crew’s version back in 2001.
Last week I could no longer take the voices inside my head, and I added the Cigar to my rotation.
Today is their first outing. Carpet only, as directed by the Mac break in procedure.
AldenCigarFirstday.jpg

Really beautiful. The contrast between cigar and the welt/sole is amazing.

triumphman

Reaction score
anyone have pictures of a cigar lwb in a flex sole and double waterloc sole?

can't really see what the difference is by just looking...

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theRendition: Thank you.

dmash: I have two pics of my Ravello WT boots before they were ever worn. I will post them.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here they are Dmash - right out of the box. From The Shoe Mart. I was on the waiting list for the Brixton edition from Epaulet (all eyelets, no speedhooks) but Alden kept delaying so I jumped on these.
AldenRavelloWTB1.jpg

AldenRavelloWTB2.jpg

keithp3521

Reaction score

AldenCigarFirstday.jpg

Those look great. And nicely matched with the suit. Congrats.

I'm familiar with the Mac Method, but what is the Mac Break-In Procedure?

Thanks

Amused

Reaction score
God I want these so bad too...unfortunately I need a B width in a Barrie LWB, so I'm also out of luck unless someone decides to offer a pre-order.
EDIT - Just e-mailed Leffot about the possibility of doing a pre-order for odd sizes on this when their next restock comes around. I'm not going to hold my breath because it's probably a slim chance, but I'll let you know if I hear back with any news.

I've talked to Leffot a little while back about doing pre-orders, telling them the same thing I posted previously. Steven said he'd consider it, but in the meantime only medium (D) widths will be run for his collaborations. It'd be awesome if he created an email list for interested clients for upcoming Alden collaborations. I'm not sure why it's not practiced by the independent Alden shops more regularly. I know LSW will give you a heads up if you have a decent relationship with one of their reps, but outside of that pre-ordering seems tough to come by.

Leffot stocks some Alden shoes on narrower lasts (like Leydon, Aberdeen) in E. I am wearing 10E Aberdeen tassel loafers right now from them They also stock some Indy boots in E. I've talked to Steven about this, he plans on ordering more E widths in general in Aldens, so expect more of the shoes to be released in E.

Yeah, with the narrower lasts, Steven chose to stock them mostly in E width as that would equate to a more typical D width foot. He said that he restocked his Snuff Chukkas mostly in E sizes this time around when I asked about them recently...makes sense.

Hopefully, I can get myself on the order form next time he does something with Cigar or Ravello shell. A LWB would be a fantastic!

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mac's break in procedures dictate that you should first wear the shoes 2-3x on carpet before you bring them out into the real world.

This ensures you have a proper fit and also helps with the shell's break in period.

I have found this to be very helpful.

Todd V

Reaction score
Can you show us photos of the socks? Exactly how thick are they? For reference, I like these and find they improve the fit of the roomy Indy boot. My Indys are 1/2 size down.

http://www.foxsox.com/catalog/produ...rder=stylenumber&code=HIKE&selectedstyle=2099

Keep in mind that the fore part of the shoe is going to be wide but the heel should not be sloppy. Are you experiencing the normal heel slip or very, very sloppy heel?

Not trying to belabor my issue, but after wearing the 9D on several occasions, it feels excessively roomy and a sloppy fit, even with thick wool socks.  I now have an 8.5D in the house (which I've been very careful with not to crease or scuff so I don't end up with 2 Indy's that don't fit and I can't return) and it feels pretty good, especially in the heel, but is somewhat tight at the widest part of my foot.  Wish I had an 8.5E, but I fear that would end up too wide in the heel.  Does anyone else go a full size down for the Indy/Trubalance?  For those that have had experience with this, can I expect the leather to give at all so its not putting pressure, and eventually causing pain, on the outside of my foot?  Although I have reason to believe the leather will stretch, I am also wondering if the solid construction of the boot at the welt will prevent it from giving me a bit more room at the ball of my foot.

Thanks.

violethour1951

Reaction score
Here they are Dmash - right out of the box. From The Shoe Mart. I was on the waiting list for the Brixton edition from Epaulet (all eyelets, no speedhooks) but Alden kept delaying so I jumped on these.
AldenRavelloWTB1.jpg

AldenRavelloWTB2.jpg

gorgeous!
thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wow - Check these out. Just posted over at Leffot.

Darn. I just bought the navy shortwings from Leffot a few weeks ago but now I really want these longwings too. Anybody interested in a pair of navy shortwings in 7.5D, worn 1 time? :embar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads