• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

just received my first pair of #8 LWB from TSM. altho they are seconds but I think the flaws that I can find is easily ignorable. the right vamp has a very slight discoloration than the left and you cannot really tell. There is a tiny scratch on it which is invisible if you are actually wearing it.
the moment I open that box that picked up the shoes I know that my indulgence will never end. but, I LOVE IT. :slayer::slayer:
here are some pics, pics did not show the minor discoloration and the scratch, if anyone want them I can post them later.

the exotic colors- the color of the right shoe and left shoe does not match perfectly. it is do to the tanning process. you either like it and enjoy the beauty of the color or sent the shoes back. this is not an issue with #8 or black

Last edited:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the exotic colors- the color of the right shoe and left shoe does not match perfectly. it is do to the tanning process. you either like it and enjoy the beauty of the color or sent the shoes back. this is not an issue with #8 or black

thanks uncle, I am keeping this pair. I can live with the slight discoloration!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thanks uncle, I am keeping this pair. I can live with the slight discoloration!

you made a good decision, enjoy wearing

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just received my first pair of #8 LWB from TSM. altho they are seconds but I think the flaws that I can find is easily ignorable. the right vamp has a very slight discoloration than the left and you cannot really tell. There is a tiny scratch on it which is invisible if you are actually wearing it.
the moment I open that box that picked up the shoes I know that my indulgence will never end. but, I LOVE IT. :slayer::slayer:

Of all the time I've been checking the Seconds list I never found LWB in #8. Congrats and I wish I was as fortunate.

kippy

Reaction score

Yes, that is correct. Everything looked blue in that pic for some reason. Must have been the reflection off the carpet.

thanks much. gives me an idea to find some 3rd party laces in a greyish/blueish tint when the stock Alden laces break.

kippy

Reaction score

tingley! the cost about $20

Thanks much. I was considering the storm or executive model. Which one would you say is easier to get into? I wear mostly shoes but have some Alden dress boots as well (Ravello WTB) that I would want to protect.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of all the time I've been checking the Seconds list I never found LWB in #8. Congrats and I wish I was as fortunate.

A pair of shell cordo longwings in size 10 for $399.95 in the last one.

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For that price I'd rather get the AE version of the longwing in #8 which, as of Sunday, was on sale for $400 in stores - at least you know you're getting 100% first quality, albeit AE quality

plato

Reaction score
wow - Check these out. Just posted over at Leffot.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seconds are definitely hit or miss. Although AE has competitive prices, the design just does not work for me. IMO, the eyelet stays are too far down the vamp and the 'curves' of the toe is too close to the end with the tip being much more elongated. It might not be an issue for those with larger sizes but the discrepancy is much more pronounced in smaller sizes. It does become a factor now that AE is able to maintain its price mark (and even lower with their newer shoes) while Alden is gradually increasing.

Amused

Reaction score

wow - Check these out. Just posted over at Leffot.

Saw them last night on their site. I would have pulled the trigger, but they don't offer their collaborations in E width. So many shoes I'd like to have, but can't because no one includes widths in their custom runs unless they offer a pre-order like LSW :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads