1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Senior member

Impressive alden collection Michael.

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Nice. Are those from ShoeMart?

the chukkas from from shoemart

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

thank you

4. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

+1

Cordovan goodness... [​IMG]

5. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

you have no idea. check out Ask Andy.

6. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Just saw a new Indy boot makeup from SM: [​IMG]

7. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

I must have cigar chukkas...

Where the hell can I find them in a 9? Anyone other than Madison Ave., Shoemart and San Fran store have them?

8. jet

jet Senior member

you have no idea. check out Ask Andy.

link?

9. jasonfoote303

link?

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=66901

Look for posts by the all-mighty Mcarthur. Go all the way back too... You will see what is probably the most extensive shell Alden collection in the World. I shit you not.

10. jet

jet Senior member

Will do thanks for the link jas.

11. jasonfoote303

[​IMG]
    cigar chukkas

Michael,
    I have been an admirer of your collection for some time now. With all due respect, may I ask how many pairs of shell Aldens you have?

Thank you,
    Jason

12. QTime

QTime Well-Known Member

Hm, let me place a guess before one of the last questions of mankind will be revealed.

Number of styles ever made by Alden multiplied by 5 (black-,#8,-whiskey-,ravello-,cigar-shell)

Guess that could be something about 80?

Simon.

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

14. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i already own a pair of alden longwing bluchers in cigar on barrie last which is 7d i bought a pair of alden af79 which is on leydon last in size 7.5d did i size wrong? because this seems a lot shorter and tighter or will the tightness go away and stretch some? its still a lot shorter compared to the barrie.

15. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

The tightness on the Leydon will go away, it is especially tight at the bottom of the tongue when you first wear them.

But don't worry, mine were very tight to begin with, and are within 2 weeks a perfect fit and my favourite Alden boot.

16. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

The tightness on the Leydon will go away, it is especially tight at the bottom of the tongue when you first wear them.

But don't worry, mine were very tight to begin with, and are within 2 weeks a perfect fit and my favourite Alden boot.

ok i see that i figured it would i honestly don't remember if my first pair was super tight like that and stretched but how do you explain the barrie one looking longer than the leydon one enough to notice. adam at a-o-c suggested i'd go with 7.5d on leydon if i took a 7d on barrie saying it would come out the same.

just wondering if i should return them before its too late.

17. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello lwb

michaelw is this particular shoe with crepe soles? if so could i see more pictures like the bottom and side shot? just wondering because i'm thinking about purchasing the same shoe. but i like the double leather soles on my current ones.

thanks in advance

18. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

ok i see that i figured it would i honestly don't remember if my first pair was super tight like that and stretched but how do you explain the barrie one looking longer than the leydon one enough to notice. adam at a-o-c suggested i'd go with 7.5d on leydon if i took a 7d on barrie saying it would come out the same.

just wondering if i should return them before its too late.

Sizing up half a size from your Barrie size is the way to go in general. Since each foot and fit preference is different you may have to adjust accordingly.

It will stretch but cordovan doesn't stretch as much as calf. If its uncomfortably too tight then it might not stretch enough for you. I forgot who said it but someone posted that the fit should feel right from the moment you try it on. If it doesn't, you will end up with regret down the road. I found that out the hard way. [​IMG]

ravello lwb

michaelw... just stop! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i'm pretty sure my first pair was tight width wise overall but stretched to a good fit its the length i was worried about. anyhow i shipped it out for return to adam at alden hope all goes well with it. its too bad because i was really looking forward to them.

20. arrow

arrow Senior member

Thx for your awesome pics Michaelw...

I just bought 2 boots (cigar and ravello) and your worn pics gives me
    something to look forward to as they age over time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.