1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

nice :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  2. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Yeah...absolutely gorgeous boots. I'm waiting for when Leffot receives the second run of them. Either this month or next, hopefully. Got on the order list last October.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

4. Chaos_Cow

Chaos_Cow Well-Known Member

Man... I'm going crazy looking for Ravello plain toe boots or cap toe boots. I don't even need them in the next year, I'm just looking for someone who would be put me on the pre-order list so I feel like there's some sort of progress being made. Leffot said that they won't take more pre-orders as they don't know when more Ravello shells are being made - does anyone know other pre-order etc going on?

I've apparently got a nasty completionist streak that these shoes just wake up in me.

5. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Not sure where you got that estimated delivery date, I have been on that list since February and last I heard was mid to late 2013, if that.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I know you're killing me with that sale. If I had any money right now I would buy that and the Ravello NST

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I think the window may have closed, we're just waiting right now for Alden to confirm if it will get made.

8. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Here's a pic from yesterday…
    [​IMG]
    Alden Tan WTB from J. Gilbert

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I'm pretty sure the Thor only has a punch cap toe and no other broguing as well. It should appear exactly as in my avatar, unless Alden deviates from the design submitted.

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Even if the Thor boot preorder with Alden DC is closed, you may be able to buy a pair once the shoes are delivered if one of the preorder-ers doesn't complete the purchase or if Alden DC orders extra pairs of the boot for the store (that's how I got my whiskey Indy boots)

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Good use of a crepe sole here - weather resistant leather, stylish broguing, crepe sole. Good shoe for wet cool, wet conditions, nice for fall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I got in on a preorder model from JGilbert one time because they had ordered extra pairs in my size.

13. grendel

grendel Senior member

If you find someone who's taking orders let us know. Or at least me [​IMG]

14. grendel

grendel Senior member

Thanks guys. Someone post when they're coming in to Alden DC and I'll give them a call.

15. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

I got on the second order in Oct. of 2011. When that order went in it was said to expect a late fall 2012 delivery. I think there was a third order as well that went in early 2012. Of course the wait times could change drastically.

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

FWIW, some ravello seems to be creeping out of the Alden factory. A bunch of stores seem to have restocked some models. I just ordered some ravello chukkas from the Shoe Mart, they had been out of that model before.

17. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

FWIW It probably can't hurt to try and get on a waitlist now if possible. Over the summer JGilbert received an order of Cigar Indys that was already pre-subscribed. Since they were already sold out I was added to the list for their next pre-order which hadn't even been accepted by Alden yet. A few weeks later I received a call from Yenni at JGilbert that someone backed out of their Cigar Indy order and since I was first on the pre-order list for that size she offered them to me. I got lucky and I'm $700+ poorer now....

18. ubiquiti

ubiquiti Well-Known Member

Speaking of Alden DC, some of you may recall there was an individual representing them here inviting members to PM him to be added to a mailing list.

Has anyone received anything yet?

1 person likes this.
  19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Trying to decide between the J Crew #8 Cap Toe boot and the #8 Wingtip Boot (both with double leather sole). Any thoughts? If it helps, I do have color LWB.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.