1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior Member

These look really nice! And the red dainite suits them very well.

Could you tell me what size they are? I have a sneaking suspicion that larger sized Aldens, such as these (?), look oh so much better when not plain toe, particularly in cxl. Cap toe, indy toe stitching, wing tip; all seem to relieve the over elongated look of large size plain toes. Or is that just my bias?

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

[​IMG]
    ravello ptb
    argyles otc

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

earlier this evening, I was studying in a SBUX when a chick next to me complimented me on the boots. In response, I told her "thank you". 5 mins later, as she is leaving, she gives me her cell number written on a cardboard cup sleeve. "i like your boots" the power of shell

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

4. interlockingny

interlockingny Distinguished Member

Keep us posted if you are glad these didn't sell for $50k

5. Dayman

Dayman Senior Member

Who's the lucky bastard now! I guess she must have known they were worth $50,000.

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

:sly:

Not only did you want to sell those boots, you thought about mutilating them by taking out the stitching

Now, look at the fortune they are bringing you

I am tempted to jump on these as well, shoemart still has my size [EDIT - no they don't... Looks like I'm out of luck until I can snatch one of these day trippers]

Someone needs to buy these Atoms, I will turn the money back around into Alden shoes quickly...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

#8 chukka is a great shoe

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Nice chukkas and very nice action shot photos.

9. advan031

advan031 Senior Member

Me too...makes me think I'm getting the wrong size shoes or I'm tying my shoes too tight :ember: oh well all my alders are comfy.

10. Dayman

Dayman Senior Member

Yeah, it doesn't look that severe with new pics. The original picture about the lacing looks to me looks like the boots are a bit too big.

11. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Doesn't look bad, granted I don't use a shoehorn on my Indy boots but I have similar creasing

12. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior Member

Yeah, I don't really think the crease looks bad at all. More an issue of poor photo taking on my part perhaps.

And I agree that the boots are a 'tad' too big. Just debating whether a 'tad' means trying to get my hands on an 11.5 or 12 in c width for the sake of comparison.

Also still wondering whether the less stretchy nature of shell would perhaps make an 11.5d fit better than the 11.5d in cxl. Anyone have thoughts on this?

13. AldenLuver

AldenLuver Senior Member

earlier this evening, I was studying in a SBUX when a chick next to me complimented me on the boots. In response, I told her "thank you". 5 mins later, as she is leaving, she gives me her cell number written on a cardboard cup sleeve. "i like your boots"

the power of shell

Watch out there partner, that chick is out to get your boots! Damn I need to get some shell boots... Ravello wt boots maybe the ticket!

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Careful, first the boots... then a kidney :)

15. NotClever

NotClever Senior Member

My Indies also have that creasing. Worse on one foot than the other, but I'm relatively certain it's caused by bending my ankle when I'm sitting down. I tend to stretch out one leg under my desk and cross the other over it, and the foot that I stretch out has that creasing noticeably worse than the other foot. I've tried to stop but it's pretty subconscious at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.