***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AldenLuver

AldenLuver Senior member

2. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Kashiwa - Do you use a shoe horn? I have the Brown CXL Pitt boot from Leather Soul and here is a picture from behind:

[​IMG]

BTW, if anyone is interested I'm selling them. For more details click on the link in my signature?

3. doclocke

doclocke Member

I have worked with Rafael in the store and I give him very high marks for professionalism, knowledge and patience in finding the right fit on the modified last. I followed up by email once or twice with questions and, again, he was very helpful and prompt in responding.

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

They're both shell Marlows.
    The one on the left is a few years old and the one on the right is brand new.

5. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

are your boots lined or unlined?

6. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

My boots are lined, yes.

7. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Great minds think alike..

Red Dainite on LS Ultimate Jumpers.
    [​IMG]

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ these look great. I foresee red dainite in my future. Same as yesterday: [​IMG] Can't get enough of this Ravello. It's damn near perfect!

9. Dayman

Dayman Senior member

That would be my best guess from his pictures. If you can't get your boots on without stepping on the back you'll need a shoe horn. I have a pair of CXL indys and a CXL NST Tanker from LS, they both are a bit big on me but I have a light smooth roll, in stead of creases. Also, since they are a tad big, I'll usually wear thicker wool socks or an insole or both.

10. speekez

speekez Well-Known Member

Hi gang.
    Long time lurker here. Love the forum, brings me a tremendous amount of joy everyday, I've learned a great deal from you all. Here are some glamour shots of my color #8 2 eye chukkas that I got from LSBH. Rather plebeian, but the #8 chukka doesn't get enough love IMO. They bring me joy each and every day. Civilianaire dark indigo in the first pic, and Civilianaire Black canvas in the other two.
    CHEERS

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. NotClever

NotClever Senior member

My CXL Indys also lace up almost completely closed over the instep and on one foot they actually do close above the ankle. It doesn't cause any problems that I can see. I'm actually always amazed by how far apart the quarters on most people's shoes are here. I always though I had a pretty high instep but perhaps that is not so.

12. kippy

kippy Senior member

That is a great example of an aftermarket adjustment that integrates perfectly with the boot. The orange and reddish hues look perfect with the danite brick red color. Nicely done.

13. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Thanks for all of the helpful replies.

I have not been using a shoehorn. However, I have been fully opening the laces and been very careful to make sure that my foot enters the boot in such a way that there is little friction between the back of my heel and the back of the boot. I'll pick up a shoehorn and use it, but I don't think there has been enough friction there to "crush" the boots.

Perhaps the photo I posted earlier was a bit misleading, since my foot was in the boot and turned at a bit of an angle to take the pic.

Here are some more. Not as smooth a "roll" as Lagsun above, but maybe this is nothing to worry about?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Looks pretty normal to me. How do you store them?

15. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

I have shoe trees in them, and they sit in my "genkan" (the little tiled entryway to a Japanese house).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.