• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

closerlook

Reaction score

Question regarding the Alden Unlined Chukka.  There is some wrinkling at the heel where the back of the upper is stitched to the sides of the boot.  Is this normal?  Seems to me that this should be a smooth transition. 

I can even see on the boots the white chalk/wax line in these areas where the leather was supposed to be stitched on both boots.

Right Boot:

Left Boot:

Any Thoughts?

yeah, if they aren't lined its normal. just how it goes.

closerlook

Reaction score

After looking here on the Leffot site at their Snuff unlined chukka I'd tend to think that this is not normal.  I can see a chalk line but definitely no unsightly wrinkling.  http://leffot.com/2012/03/23/alden-unlined-snuff-suede-chukka/

How about anybody out there that owns a pair of unlined chukkas.  In your experience do you have these wrinkles?

Thanks

the stores always use the most attractive shoe in the batch as the online display. the wrinkling also happens are they are worn. i agree its not desirable but it happens

AldenLuver

Reaction score
Quick bit of advice needed... I own a pare of brown calf LWB and a pair of cigar shell LWB. I have a chance to pick up a pair of dark brown shell Crockett and Jones made for RL Marlow short wing tips for a real nice price ($690 tax included). Would this be a redundant purchase? Should I wait and pick up a pair of whiskey or ravello LWB? Or maybe a ravello wt boot? This will have to be the last pair I purchase for a while (maybe the year). I am a huge long wing aficionado

that's not really a steal price
they go down to 400something

That's what I've heard. I will be more patient. Thanks...

AldenLuver

Reaction score
My latest aquisition - I do hope you Alden Lovers will accept this post
biggrin.gif

RL Marlow Wingtip Blucher by C & J

cheerio
Joachim

Did the color of these shoes lighten over time? It looks almost ravello-ish. The ones I've been eyeing are much darker. I like yours much more!

izach

Reaction score
People are using so many abbreviation e.g., LHS. LWB, etc. does any one keep catalogue of these abbreviations?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad I did. Aberdeen last fits me great and Ravello is such an awesome warm weather shell color.

amftx

Reaction score

People are using so many abbreviation e.g., LHS. LWB, etc. does any one keep catalogue of these abbreviations?

LHS = Leisure Handsewn (loafer)
LWB = Long Wing Blucher
PTB = Plain Toe Blucher
NST = Norwegian Split Toe

LSW = Leather Soul Waikiki :slayer:

This is a good start. The search tool is your friend.

advan031

Reaction score
Furo...what denim? Leg opening is perfect for boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads