1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bl@ster

[email protected] Distinguished Member

Has anyone ordered Alden's from Moulded Shoe? They seem to have a pretty good selection of modified last stuff. How's the service?

http://mouldedshoe.com/

2. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Well-Known Member

Great shoe, no doubt, but redundant for you. Wait and get whiskey or ravello lwb. Easy choice, except you need patience and discipline to execute it. If you have to get something now, number 8 lwb would make more sense, IMHO.

3. AldenLuver

AldenLuver Senior Member

I actually have the #8 LWB. I need whiskey and ravello to complete the shell rainbow in LWBs!

4. Dayman

Dayman Senior Member

5. Jpvfx

Jpvfx Well-Known Member

Speaking of shoe fitting : Anyone have these LSxSE Special Editions? - What do you think?
    These are stunning (imho) - I've had many boots over the years but these, Aldens + (LSxSE) nailed it.

If anyone is struggling with a 8 or 8H as tight fit - please PM me. Sadly my pair of 9D are to big.

Photo courtesy of LeatherSole
    [​IMG]
    Best
    Jp

6. localman

localman Senior Member

Question regarding the Alden Unlined Chukka. There is some wrinkling at the heel where the back of the upper is stitched to the sides of the boot. Is this normal? Seems to me that this should be a smooth transition.

I can even see on the boots the white chalk/wax line in these areas where the leather was supposed to be stitched on both boots.

Right Boot:
    [​IMG]

Left Boot:
    [​IMG]

Any Thoughts?

7. justsayno

justsayno Distinguished Member

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Distinguished Member

I have a pair in Natural CXL. They quickly became my favorite boots. They are a little big courtesy of the Truebalance last. Even going down a half size, I have a bit of room. But I need some room for boot socks and arch supports. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

9. interlockingny

interlockingny Distinguished Member

This looks normal to me. This chukka has an all-around (360 degree) welt and what your picture shows is where the starting and ending points meet.

10. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior Member

That wrinkling may be normal but it certainly is not attractive ... it's as if the material was not carefully shaped around the last.

11. localman

localman Senior Member

I understand welt construction. I'm not talking about the welt here. It's the upper that I'm talking about and on the right boot (where the wrinkling is worst) the welt meets on the opposite side of the boot.

I doubt very much that a 360 welt creates this problem.

12. localman

localman Senior Member

After looking here on the Leffot site at their Snuff unlined chukka I'd tend to think that this is not normal. I can see a chalk line but definitely no unsightly wrinkling. http://leffot.com/2012/03/23/alden-unlined-snuff-suede-chukka/

How about anybody out there that owns a pair of unlined chukkas. In your experience do you have these wrinkles?

Thanks

13. velomane

velomane Senior Member

Just had a look at my snuff unlined chukkas. They don't show any of the wrinkles depicted above. Sounds like SOP as far as Alden quality assurance is concerned. Enjoy your chukkas! I doubt anyone else but you will notice the wrinkles.

14. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior Member

My snuff chukka's have the wrinkles. The beauty is I don't see them when I'm walking since I can't see the heel of the boots. :D

15. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Distinguished Member

Need a bit of advice on fit/relasting.

I've had a pair of Indy 403s since September. I measure a true 7D on a Brannock device but a just slightly wide one. I was sized up at Alden NYC and between a 6D and 6E, but the 6D was just a bit tight on my instep when laced. I purchased a 6E, which fit well at first but they have since loosened considerably. Now the quarters close up all the way when laced and I still get a bit of slippage in the heel.

I am thinking of sending these to Alden to get relasted in a 6D. Do they still do this and would you all suggest it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.