• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowolf

Reaction score
Nice Ravello

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So good. I need these in my life.
are these from Alden NY or Leather Soul?
care to share your impressions?

Love them. So comfortable. First foray into Alden suede believe it or not. Suede is butter soft. This is the same model as the Alden NY stores. Oiled single leather sole. It is the Barrie last. At least I'm 95% sure. It looked completely different than my 975s but laying the shoes sole to sole they are identical in shape.

borderline

Reaction score
Are there certain colors that you guys don't wear in the summer? Do you put away your dark #8 longwings and go with the lighter colors, or do you wear them all year round?

Also, check my sig for some new denim I have for sale.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are there certain colors that you guys don't wear in the summer? Do you put away your dark #8 longwings and go with the lighter colors, or do you wear them all year round?

Not necessarily colors, but I'll probably box up a few models (cigar captoes, maybe my Indy 405s) in May or so until fall

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And keep those #8s from finally seeing some sun? That would not do.

#8 all summer.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No. I wear all my colors in summer. In winter I will nit wear white suede. I may wear snuff suede or whiskey if it is very warm and sunny.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

trunks206

Reaction score
Damn I really want a pair of blue suede PTBs and wow those CXL captoe's are ******* awesome!

Good job guys now my wanted list just got a bit longer. :(

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is the key consideration. Get the unlined pub in navy suede. I worn mine (from Leather Soul) all last summer. No socks. Its a great summer shoe. But get the other one too if you feel so moved.

Alden NY is OOS in my size.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6878763588_d149260088.jpg
Brand new "Reject" #8 PTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads