Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quick123

Quick123 Member

2. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

I have a pair of alden #8 chukkas in 9.5D barrie BNIB if anyone is interested. 500$ shipped -

3. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

I note with interest that all Aldens in the Leffot online shop are now marked "Sorry, this item can not be shipped internationally."

I'm hoping this is not going to be a strict guideline from here on in, and if it is then hopefully it will not affect the current batch of Day Tripper pre-orders.

Having said that, I had a recent set of issues with LS which they resolved very professionally. So I will still have a solid channel for Aldens if Leffot cuts off those of us outside the States.

4. onestar

onestar Well-Known Member

Colin confirmed with me that the Day Tripper pre-orders would not be affected by the International shiping black-out. The restriction is something that Alden has imposed on its retailers (supposedly to "control their distribution"). For us overseas Alden fanatics, it might mean we have to find a 3rd party forwarder that are being used a lot these days. Just means yet another premium to add to the purchase.

I know they are famous last words on this forum, but I think my Day Trippers will be "it" for a while.....

5. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

wait so now... most online retailers dont ship internationally? That means we gotta use proxy from now on?

6. onestar

onestar Well-Known Member

I think you'll find this is an issue with Alden, not Leffot. Leffot will ship other brands internationally, just not Alden

7. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Thank you, that's good to know. Interestingly, I just placed an order with a different U.S. retailer and nothing was said about it.

If Alden are going to restrict dealers to selling only inside their own territories, then I guess the Bureau and Frans Boone are still open to those of us in the UK. Or I could stop buying boots from overseas and get my SWD footwear from my usual MC sources in Northampton, which is probably what I should be doing anyway.

8. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

that sucks...what about leathersoul? In my country there no retailer selling alden.. gotta get the from online retailers

9. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

So will an official Alden store (NY,SF, DC) still ship internationally? Just not Alden stockists?

I have a pre order placed with NY a few months ago that'll be done in August...

...Also leather soul has made no mention of this on their web page or blog...:angry:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

10. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Leathersoul used to, you'll have to contact them to see if they still do.

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Only SF & DC are owned by Alden. NY is independent. Regarding the shipping issue, Alden seems to be restructuring their contracts with distributors which is unfortunate for those overseas.

12. amftx

amftx Well-Known Member

My curiosity was more about the fact that many PTB do not have a pattern at all. There is no dover, nassau, or anything on the majority of PTBs. I prefer the aesthetic of the dover or nassau. I am not a fan of the PTB which is nearly a wholecut except for the lacing.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'll just continue being patient and watching the LSW site for a dover or nassau PTB that I like. :)

13. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I'm with you on the look of dover PTB. I have been kicking myself for not grabbing the cigar shell PTB w/ dover pattern that unionmade had back around the holidays. I was leery of the plantation crepe and still don't like it but it is definitely the closest thing I have seen recently to my perfect PTB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. plato

plato Senior member

Yeah, I like the dover pattern too. Over at unionmade they have shoes like that. They call them "officer shoe(s)".

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Mens.html

Don't seem to be a lot of them in cordovan though. And the one I like in calf doesn't seem to be available in my size....

15. furo

furo Senior member

Unionmade, like madisonnyc, has an unlined suede snuff ptb on the barrie:

[​IMG]

I'm glad mine were on the leydon, because it looks like barrie is the standard last for this model

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.