***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Thor, normally i'd completely rule out black, but that is a damn good lookin boot

2. Thor

Thor Senior member

^ Everybody needs a pair of black boots in their life...

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Oh Namor - if only I had cash to splurge on your shoe purge. Congrats on closing that listing, btw. Would have jumped on the NST, but not a fan of the design.

Wife and I just bought the most recent Canon Rebel T3. Does the job for us well. Was on deep discount at Sam's Club.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  4. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

A decent point & shoot can be had for $200 or less these days that will excel at this type of photography. You certainly don't need a DSLR for 'product' type shots like these as the subject (for the most part) is static. As long as the light's good, you'll be fine.

With that said, if photography is a hobby or you tend toward the 'enthusiast', the high end P&S (Canon G series) or entry level DSLR's (aforementioned Canon Rebel or Nikon D3100 or D5100) are very affordable these days. Just remember, with a DSLR, the body is only half the equation (and the inexpensive part). It's the lenses (and your ability) that make the difference.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

thank you

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

good decision!

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, beautiful ravello nst boot why are you selling? i am totally surprised that it has sold!

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

enjoy wearing your cigar ptb

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

+1

10. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Received my Snuff Suede PTB shoemart seconds today and I'm pretty sure they are on the Barrie last and not Leydon. Most of my Barrie shoes are 8.5D that I wear with insoles, but I can also go down to an 8D (without insole) which these are. I know from past experience a 8.5D in the Leydon is tight while a 9D is still a little narrow in the forefoot. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get my foot into a 8D Leydon. Just my two cents.

[​IMG]

11. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Sweet navy suede short-wing bluchers at LS! Not sure I can justify a third pair of blue suede shoes but I think Tom's SW blucher is a great shoe (kicking myself for not grabbing the ravello version last year...).

12. furo

furo Senior member

Nice. But no, they are not Barrie. They are leydon. Unless you got a completely different shoe than I did.

13. furo

furo Senior member

Here's a comparison photo of my suede ptb next to both the leydon and the barrie from the sizing chart. Notice the difference in the arch between the barrie and the leydon, then you'll see that the suede ptb is on the Leydon.

I normally wear a 1/2 size down in the barrie, and these ptbs fit me TTS, as the sizing chart suggests the Leydon should fit.

[​IMG]

14. skywalker

skywalker Senior member

Is there a definitive list of places that sell alden? I've checked out a few places, but was wondering if there were some places I missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.