• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thor, normally i'd completely rule out black, but that is a damn good lookin boot

Thor

Reaction score
^ Everybody needs a pair of black boots in their life...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

get a boot. Their is nothing more awesome than a sheet of ravello cordovan wrapped around your ankle.

Oh Namor - if only I had cash to splurge on your shoe purge. Congrats on closing that listing, btw. Would have jumped on the NST, but not a fan of the design.

Sort of an off-topic, a lot of you seem to be using good cameras. Can you link what you guys are using? I haven't owned a dedicated digital camera in years. My iPhone photos are good but not great.

Wife and I just bought the most recent Canon Rebel T3. Does the job for us well. Was on deep discount at Sam's Club.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of an off-topic, a lot of you seem to be using good cameras. Can you link what you guys are using? I haven't owned a dedicated digital camera in years. My iPhone photos are good but not great.

...Wife and I just bought the most recent Canon Rebel T3. Does the job for us well. Was on deep discount at Sam's Club.

A decent point & shoot can be had for $200 or less these days that will excel at this type of photography. You certainly don't need a DSLR for 'product' type shots like these as the subject (for the most part) is static. As long as the light's good, you'll be fine.

With that said, if photography is a hobby or you tend toward the 'enthusiast', the high end P&S (Canon G series) or entry level DSLR's (aforementioned Canon Rebel or Nikon D3100 or D5100) are very affordable these days. Just remember, with a DSLR, the body is only half the equation (and the inexpensive part). It's the lenses (and your ability) that make the difference.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agee. Everything ravello should be. Mac had also turned me on to the versatility and classic understated styling of the PTB. That will definitely be my next acquisition - either ravello or whiskey, but ptb all the way.

good decision!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These shoes got their maiden voyage today. Very comfortable straight out of the box. So far so good!!

enjoy wearing your cigar ptb

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Snuff Suede PTB shoemart seconds today and I'm pretty sure they are on the Barrie last and not Leydon. Most of my Barrie shoes are 8.5D that I wear with insoles, but I can also go down to an 8D (without insole) which these are. I know from past experience a 8.5D in the Leydon is tight while a 9D is still a little narrow in the forefoot. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get my foot into a 8D Leydon. Just my two cents.

img0534xj.jpg

HorseHide

Reaction score
Sweet navy suede short-wing bluchers at LS! Not sure I can justify a third pair of blue suede shoes but I think Tom's SW blucher is a great shoe (kicking myself for not grabbing the ravello version last year...).

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received my Snuff Suede PTB shoemart seconds today and I'm pretty sure they are on the Barrie last and not Leydon. Most of my Barrie shoes are 8.5D that I wear with insoles, but I can also go down to an 8D (without insole) which these are. I know from past experience a 8.5D in the Leydon is tight while a 9D is still a little narrow in the forefoot. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get my foot into a 8D Leydon. Just my two cents.
img0534xj.jpg

Nice. But no, they are not Barrie. They are leydon. Unless you got a completely different shoe than I did.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a comparison photo of my suede ptb next to both the leydon and the barrie from the sizing chart. Notice the difference in the arch between the barrie and the leydon, then you'll see that the suede ptb is on the Leydon.

I normally wear a 1/2 size down in the barrie, and these ptbs fit me TTS, as the sizing chart suggests the Leydon should fit.

skywalker

Reaction score
Is there a definitive list of places that sell alden? I've checked out a few places, but was wondering if there were some places I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads