1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

How good is Alden's restoration service? I found a pair of Shell cordovon dress shoes at a thrift store for $60, but the heel/sole is destroyed, and the upper has quite a few nicks and scrapes.

Also, they're a half size too large, can they relast to a size down?

Thread about Alden restoration.
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=164135

2. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

How good is Alden's restoration service? I found a pair of Shell cordovon dress shoes at a thrift store for $60, but the heel/sole is destroyed, and the upper has quite a few nicks and scrapes.

Also, they're a half size too large, can they relast to a size down?

you'll basically been in for a restored shoe for $200 ish. some of which is new, some of which is old and beat up. and maybe doesn't fit.

you're better of trying to find something in your size in better shape for $300 ish

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

^Agreed. Flip it on ebay (disclosing the sole damage) and you'll probably get your $60 back and then some. Put the funds towards a shoe that fits.

4. machochino

machochino Senior member

no, calf. AF89 from alden of carmel.

Can you post more pictures at different angles and worn on? mucho appreciated.

5. werdswerf

werdswerf Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what type of leather the front-leftmost Indy in this picture is? I'm thinking it's Brown Aniline Pull-Up, as it doesn't seem red enough to be Chromexcel, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for the help ... real close to pulling the trigger on these.

6. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Can anyone tell me what type of leather the front-leftmost Indy in this picture is? I'm thinking it's Brown Aniline Pull-Up, as it doesn't seem red enough to be Chromexcel, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for the help ... real close to pulling the trigger on these.

Brown Chromexcel.

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...ate-indy-boot/

7. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Brown chromexcel.

Just picked up a pair from Leffot in NYC. An absolutely beautiful piece of footwear. Highly recommend the store. Steven, the owner, is very knowledgable. Very personalized service.

8. PETEROCK1

PETEROCK1 Active Member

i finally have these in my possession...

[​IMG]

thanks tom for the ultimates!

9. sixsails

sixsails Senior member

Does anyone here with flat feet have experience on the Barrie last?

Thanks

10. mg428

mg428 Senior member

[​IMG]

^Vintage Indy.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong but I think the question is about Vintage Jumper boots, and not Vintage Indy. However, if the jumpers will have the same (oiled nubuck) leather, that photo of the Vintage Indy will also be greatly helpful for those who are wondering how these jumpers would look like.

Let me add some more photos of what I think is a Vintage Indy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mg428

mg428 Senior member

12. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Does anyone know if Alden (or I guess one of the many stores that carry them) offer a plain toe boot in black calf with the barrie last? I like Alden of Carmel's AF89 but I need the toe room of the barrie (and I prefer the shape as well). I don't follow all the various Alden models so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

13. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Be careful - I bought the Chromexcel Indy Boots from Mike and ended up ordering wingtips 2 days later. Alden's are addicting!

Now I'm looking at black chukka's... Someone, cut up my CC's and freeze my bank accounts, quick...

14. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

A goofy ass picture one of my friends took when we went hiking up this badass waterfall. I took my Aldens off to take a dip. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

16. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Be careful - I bought the Chromexcel Indy Boots from Mike and ended up ordering wingtips 2 days later. Alden's are addicting!
    Now I'm looking at black chukka's... Someone, cut up my CC's and freeze my bank accounts, quick...
    Ok, now that I've gotten a pair or brown long wingtips... What's your thoughts on a black shoe/boot to compliment for for more formal attire. I am getting a dark grey (charcoal) and Navy suit. I have these on order: [​IMG] http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ongwing/Detail I'm seriously thinking about these now: [​IMG] [​IMG] Would these be ok with my suits? I'm not sure about wearing the black chukkas with casual wear, but it's something I can test out and see for myself. Thought I'd get some feedback from people that know these shoes a lot more than I do.

17. mg428

mg428 Senior member

Does anyone know if Alden (or I guess one of the many stores that carry them) offer a plain toe boot in black calf with the barrie last? I like Alden of Carmel's AF89 but I need the toe room of the barrie (and I prefer the shape as well). I don't follow all the various Alden models so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

http://winnperry.com/updates/alden-d...-officer-boot/

If you email Jordan of Winn Perry, he will send you larger versions of the photos. I recall that there is a real life photo of the boots worn with a slim navy suit in this thread.

18. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

not sure why, but this picture is beautiful!

19. TasselsHongKong

TasselsHongKong Well-Known Member

For starters, the colours and the composition is very nice. It really sets the mood. Also, it's probably because the boots stand out from the rest of the background, in focus with the rest of the image out of focus. The result of a nice lens.

I like the picture very much too. Beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.