• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wanted to contribute to the Cigar p0rn, but won't be wearing them until a wedding reception tonight - so figured I'd at least get some under good daylight for the jollies of SFers. Photos are completely untouched, pure color, etc.

:nodding:
(slowly acknowledging that the vamp on the right shoe is lighter than the left... good ol' Alden QC. But it only makes the pair more endearing)

Bar none one of the top 3 shoes Alden has ever produced, if not the best. I lucked out and got my hands on a pair up here in Toronto a few years back.
Great looking shoe. Thats a keeper :slayer:.

Edit: Dont sweat the vamp issue. Like you said, in a way, it shoes that everything is hand crafted. My LHS has shade variations on the vamp too...Like anything (relationships, cars, houses) you'll find problems if you look hard enough.

Last edited:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the fit of the Modified last?  If I take an 11C on the Hampton & Plaza last, would it be the same on the Modified last?

IMO I would say no. If you are an 11c on those sleeker lasts I would think that 10.5 C or 11B would be more suited on the Modfied. Again, everyone's foot is different.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6969682441_6ebc8c3459.jpg
Plain toe boot #8 Modified. Taken indoor so it looks black.
6823835710_c531b9c0e0.jpg
Under moderate sunlight.
6970081673_dd4bcc4976.jpg
Up close Been wanting to get some #8 PTB but they would look too similar to these boots so I haven't... Yet

Last edited:

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Izach, LHS stands for Leisure Hand Sewn, these are the loafers (hence leisure) and are hand sewn.

PTB stands for Plain Toe Blucher. As I understand it a blucher is an oxford where the laces don't tie together tightly and therefor the tongue is visible.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
33y5a1j.jpg

whiskey indy argyles otc

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mah suede ptbs came in... definitely not Barrie last (believe they are Leydon)... and can't even notice the irregularity because it's on the inner rear heel:

these shoes need a slim trousers with little to no break. they simply get lost underneath these jeans

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im selling a Ravello NST($450) and Barrie wingtip boot ($375)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads