• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am always surprised by people's various creasing on plain toe shells.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah me too, but then when I went back and looked at the actual shoemart catalogue they had the exact same style number as that site you posted, but they are on the Leydon
I sure hope it is in fact Leydon and not barrie, otherwise they are goin right back on the truck

I thought these shoes were the makeup done for Sherman Brothers that they ran last spring (was on the Barrie last) seen half way down on this page of this thread

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are my alden for j crew cordovan boots

i wanted to show you guys this black dot on the inside of one of the boots. it looks like a chunk of dried paint or something and this is the best picture I could find of it. It looks alot worse than it is, the color normally blends right in with the boot. Is this normal or some sort of defect?

btw these are bit snug in my left foot, even with dress socks... does cordovan stretch a bit?

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought these shoes were the makeup done for Sherman Brothers that they ran last spring (was on the Barrie last) seen half way down on this page of this thread

Yeah I have no idea why the other times I've seen it (sites outside of shoemart), the listing says Barrie. But, the shoemart catalogue says Leydon, which would be in line with other suede offerings. Just prayin' for Leydon

Last edited:

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I have no idea why the other times I've seen it (sites outside of shoemart), the listing says Barrie. But, the shoemart catalogue says Leydon, which would be in line with other suede offerings. Just prayin' for Leydon

I think the key is to go by the product number FD-29336 and not ShoeMart's description. If it's on the Leydon then I'll need to return as I didn't size up from my Barrie size....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads