1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hkpm

hkpm Well-Known Member

I just received a call from Tassels that the snuff suede chukka finally back in stock
    but now damn, after seeing your photo, I think I need a pair of color#8 ptb as well.....

2. trunks206

trunks206 Well-Known Member

Awesome boot Uncle!

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

thank you

4. stanford88

stanford88 Well-Known Member

5. stanford88

stanford88 Well-Known Member

Beautiful shoes!

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

thank you

7. sambodini

sambodini Active Member

I'm planning on buying a pair of Alden boots. Does the material of the boot lining have a noticeable effect on your foot temperature? I would think the leather lining lasts longer, but may be hotter than the cotton.

Also, if anyone has recommendations on a cap toe boot such as this one, which looks to be a special edition ( http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/13860#post_4563635 ) - I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  8. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

It didn't bother me temperature-wise, but I also tend to wear boots in the winter with wool socks. This kind of makes the goal to keep the feet warm. If you have reservations about buying Alden boots, I certainly wouldn't make the temperature issue one of them.

9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

Alden models 4060 (color 8) and 4065 (black shell) at The Shoemart are similar, but are on the grant last. A boot very similar to the one in question, and also on the Barrie last, but in black shell and color 8, are at Alden Shop of SF and pics of them are a few pages back. No cigar shell captoe boots right now that I know of are being offered.

10. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Well-Known Member

There's an effort underway to do a special order of basically that boot with Alden DC. Here's the thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/303979/alden-mto-boot-group-order-via-alden-dc/240#post_5564084. We're waiting for confirmation that Alden will make it. Send a private message to CTYGGG if you're interested.

11. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Well-Known Member

12. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

13. ubiquiti

ubiquiti Well-Known Member

If we're still discussing pre-orders, Context has a pre-order up for the Roy Boots.

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand.php?brand=Alden

Looks like they're back to doing make-ups with Alden?

Their #8 Tankers are listed too but no sign of any kind of pre-order - I hope one comes up because I would take those over Leffot's in a heartbeat.

14. forsan

forsan Well-Known Member

Put my pre-order in for the Roy last month! Too excited; I'm absolutely in love with that boot.
    It'll arrive just in time for my birthday too [​IMG]

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I have an order in for the Rough Roy from context and am hoping they come in much earlier than the March estimate. Fingers crossed.

I also have the Context #8 Tankers. I was in on the pre-order for those - they arrived back in the winter. I am pretty sure that the link to them on their site is just a remnant to purchase the few extras that they had ordered because there were only a few sizes available from the time mine arrived until just a couple of weeks ago when the 1 or 2 pair that were left seem to have been sold.

16. marmottan

marmottan Well-Known Member

Some pictures I took a few weeks ago.
    You already know them by heart: the Alden LWB.
    My first Whiskey LWB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The right one nearly looks like Ravello. Probably because I brushed it a lot more than its sister - on the left (from my point of view).
    I only used a damp cloth, a brush and a small spoon.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  17. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

I just received a pair the other day, they are beautiful. Notice how they fill in the larger perforation holes on the toe with a darker color.. amazing shoe! Those jeans and socks with them look great too.... that's a rock solid casual outfit bra...

18. marmottan

marmottan Well-Known Member

Thank you chipshot.

"Amazing" is definitely the word. Post pictures of yours if you can.
    They'll do great for this fall.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  19. jimney

jimney Well-Known Member

The Context Roy boots look mighty nice, but I I definitely want a pair of boots before fall/winter, so February delivery is too late for me.

20. Edgein

Edgein Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the crepe sole on those Roy's. Otherwise, looks good. I'm not sure if they would give you an option on soles. I'd go dbl waterloc over crepe in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.