Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seer

seer Senior member

Thanks, I was reading over at "Ask Andy" that some water spots can never be removed. I hope this is not the case here..

2. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

On the same note as that disturbing video...read the comments on this video. esp' "weejunsandboots":paranoia:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

3. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

style 4065 is also black. the speedhook debate has been in this thread before and i don't really want to revive it. i wear trousers maybe 10% of the time, so it's not a huge concern, i just thought all eyelets on the grant was on the dressy end of the spectrum.

4. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Would someone mind posting the link to Alden NYC's website? Having a tough time finding it on google and through the thread search function.

Thanks.

5. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

http://aldenmadisonny.com/index.html

6. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

Anybody know what Horween's "Truffle" cordovan color is used for? Alden cigar? C&J dark cognac? Neither? Others?

7. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Some water spots can't be eliminated but they can be minimized. Check out the cigar chukkas that I posted the other day they've had water spots on them & they have been minimized using brush, cloth & saphir.

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i've got an area on my #8 chukkas that indeed may be permanent blemishes from water. they are on the side, not the toe, and are only visible in certain light (sunlight shines right through it.) I look at that area as just another piece of my personal shell acceptance test--every shell shoe has a weird spot (or three) and you just have to accept it.

9. seer

seer Senior member

Yes,and they look great. I'm going to try what you suggested - though I only have the Venetian Cream right now.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Thanks for the photo. Understand earlier comment that this is an Alden thread, but we did in fact discuss these with Newbie a little while back and it is interest to see the results without having to search them out on some other thread. Enjoy wearing.

11. ecox

ecox Active Member

Is this the ultimate suit shoe? Alden black shell captoe bal. Black shell has a depth and glow to it that black calf simply cannot match.

[​IMG]

12. furo

furo Senior member

I have the equivalent in a derby on the Aberdeen last.... doubt I'll ever getting around to buying the same thing in a bal

Good shoe though... I don't wear my black shells very often

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

13. furo

furo Senior member

It may very well be the case. Some water spots might never come out. The good thing is, as long as you keep wearing and caring for them normally, the natural patina will blend the spots somewhat, and over the years the spots will become much much less noticeable.

14. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Thanks. If I remember correctly you just purchased a pair of the #8 PTBs, with that being the case I'd focus more on the buffing as the shell is still jam packed with all of the infused oils thanks to Horween. You'll be surprised at what a few minutes of buffing will do.

15. seer

seer Senior member

Yes, I'm already doing that. It's becoming a ritual. Watch Fox News - buff until arm hurts! I have been wearing these pretty much non stop since Saturday - the shell is beginning to feel incredible around my foot, it really has a much more different feel from calfskin, kind of hard to put into words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.